Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Random Tuesdayness - 6th Installment

randomtuesday
Ok kids! It's that time again. Time for another edition of Random Tuesdayness, with me, your hostess with the mostest. God, that is so overused! Moving right along... I just realized that most people who do Random Tuesday Thoughts post their stuff in the morning. So that means they proably get it ready the night before. Which means I'm a slacker. Oh well, I don't care! Anyway... Random Tuesday Thoughts is sponsored by Keely at The Un Mom, so run over there, grab her button and join in the fun. Random Tuesdayness is a place to unload all the crap that has been backing up in your brain without having any rhyme or reason for posting about it! Here goes...

My weekend was fairly unproductive. In fact, I can't really remember what I did. Oh, that's right... I had dinner with Auri and her family (mom, step-dad, kids) at Pat's BBQ on Friday night. If you're a meat lover, it's definitely a place you'll want to check out. If you're like me, not so much. All of the "sides" were delish, but the meat left much to be desired - but only because I'm extremely picky about meat. In fact, the place is so good, it was featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on the Food Network. You know, the show that is hosted by Guy Fieri? I love that show. Except, it's not good to watch it when you're hungry, because no matter what he's taste-testing, it all looks delightful. And then you get a craving for something, and you'll never actually get anything like what you saw on the show because the restaurant was in Delaware, or something. Whatever!

But yes, Pat's is good... especially if you like meat. Which I clearly don't. Mashed potatoes and gravy? To die for. Cole slaw? Wow. Cornbread? Yes please. Ribs? Not so much! By the way, I think Guy is hot. If you know him, tell him I said so. Ok thanks. I guess I better mention that I did Auri's toes on Friday night after dinner, and my, do they look splendid!

Well, I figured out the countdown for my trips this morning. It seems like my Tuesday morning meetings are when I remember to do them. Speaking of my meeting... I felt like a total dumbass today because I had to call my boss and verify the location of our meeting. I couldn't remember which office we were supposed to be at. Duh! So, yes, we have 51 days until San Fran, and 59 days until San Diego. I can't wait!

On Saturday I went out with Rosie Marie. We grabbed dinner at Biaggis. Our initial thought was to go there and see our hot waiter. Then I decided I was in the mood for a Margherita pizza from CPK. We flipped a coin, and CPK won. Too bad the wait was 25 minutes... and there wasn't one at Biaggis. So Biaggis won. And it was really good. This is Rose in front of the ZTejas sign. We looked like tourists down at Gateway.

After dinner we went to see Duplicity with Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. They're both corporate spys who cross paths and get all entertwined. Let me say this. I've never particularly had a thing for Clive. After seeing this movie, I've got a thing. He's sexy. And the movie was really good, too. It's one that definitely keeps you on your toes, so you better not doze off in the middle of it. Definitely worth seeing. Did brunch with the girls on Sunday and then went to Diva's to do some work. Got a few things accomplished. Oh, and I got to sit in the Conservatory (aka the old greenhouse) and it was cool. The second picture of me with straight hair is from inside it.


Hmmm... let's see. I saw someone's reference to March weather... In like a lion, out like a lamb. Well, here in Utah, we have to expect everything to be screwy when it comes to the weather. The beginning of our March was great... In like a lamb. And now? Definitely going out with a big, giant growl. Why does Mother Nature hate us? Why can't we have four distinct seasons? I'm sick of the snow. Mind you, we've had a pretty mild winter, compared to last year, but come on! And I had to throw the RPattz picture in here because of the Lion/Lamb reference. Holler if you have no idea what the hell I'm talking about!


And on a totally unrelated subject, hence, the randomness....A while back I signed up for a Twitter account. I posted a few updates, nothing too exciting. Mostly because hardly anyone I knew had an account, and I kind of just gave up on it and forgot about it. I've been seeing a lot of my favorite bloggers with Twitter updates on their pages, so I decided to log back in and check it out. Now that I have a few more people to follow, we'll see how it goes. I have a little box over there on the right somewhere that you can click on to follow me. I know, just one more thing so that we all stay connected!

Speaking of RPattz, and Twilight, has anyone seen pictures of Taylor Lautner (aka Jacob Black) lately? Good God, that boy has put on some muskles! (I know I spelled it wrong - pronounce with a hard K.) If this is the first you've seen his new pictures, do yourself a favor and Google "Taylor Lautner Abs" and see what you get. There's a little video online of him doing an interview (it's only about 2 minutes long) and he shows of his washboard. That's all I'm saying. Ladies, I'll wait while you go watch it......tapping my nails, tapping my nails.... blowing my nose...... googling it myself..... I couldn't believe it either. Hot, huh? I think I have some laundry to do. I feel kind of dirty because I know he's young, but Holy Mother of God, how can you not be attracted to that man? Whew!

Moving on... don't forget to check out my makeup blog. I posted a few pictures of Paul and Brittany over there.

And now I'm starving, seeing how I didn't eat any breakfast. A chai will only hold me over for so long. I'm craving a Dutch Baby from The Original Pancake House. Maybe I'll go there for lunch... In parting, I leave you with this.... it's silly, but I think it's cute!
P.S. I swear the formatting of these damn posts is going to be the death of me!

13 comments:

steenky bee said...

Okay, so I honestly gasped out loud when I saw the Drive-Inn, Diners and Dives guy! (I probably got all those D words in the wrong order) My husband and I watch two of those every Friday. How lame are we that we're home on Fridays? I would love to book a trip to hit up all the spots that guy profiles. Did you see he did Moochies?

THEN....when I scrolled down and saw R. Pattinson, I screamed even louder. He's hawt, in a "I'm such a cougar, it's not even funny" way. I'm now all hot, bothered and hungry.

Oh, and the "club" I've been to in Utah is Northern Exposure. Ogden girls. Dancing. Classy.

Ms. Salti said...

Stinkeebbee - You've got me cracking up everytime I read something of yours! I think I saw part of the episode where Guy went to Moochies. I've actually never been there, but I've heard it's good. He also went to one of the drive-ins up at Bear Lake. I want to try it out next time I'm up there.

Yeah, RPattz is my new obsession. Just scroll through the first 7 posts or so... you'll see multiple pics of him. I can't get over it! By the way, my best friend and I refer to 'hot and bothered' as 'hnb'. It saves time talking and texting!

As for "clubs," I've been to Southern, once. That's where I met my first boyfriend. Yeah, that ended well, let me tell ya!

Jaime said...

i was wondering if duplicity was any good... taylor is looking pretty fine - much better with the short hair. i guess he's busy putting on that 20 pounds of muskle so he can play jacob in the next movie

Carol said...

Found your address on Twitter... and gotta say thanks for Taylor. That totally made my night. And as she-who-will-not be named will attest, I've been extra bitchy tonight. Nothing like a set of nice abs to ground me again!

Unknown said...

stoppin by from un moms RTT to say hi and reaf your wonderful randoness....LOVE diners drive ins and dives...still debating on how much i like twitter...and can you believe i must be the only female on the planet that hasnt seen twilight yet and I loved all the books

Captain Dumbass said...

Blah blah blah, how was Julia Roberts? Her laugh makes me giddy.

GreenJello said...

Milder winter than last year? Are we living in the same state? :)

I swear I've shoveled more snow this year than the last 8 years combined. Ugh!

Keely said...

Never mind Captain Dumbass. Julia Roberts has her lips upside down and talks through her tonsils.

Happy belated Tuesday!

Ms. Salti said...

Jaime - Yes, I'd have to agree, the shorter hair is was sexier!

Carol - I'm here for my girls. If a picture of hot abs is all you need, I can do it for you! Hope your night went better!

Georgie - Thanks for stopping by. I'm in love with the movie. You should definitley see it now that it's out on DVD!

Captain - Blah, blah, blah? Seriously?! I love Julia... she's adorable!

GreenJello - Thanks for coming by. I'm assuming you live north of Salt Lake. I know you guys have gotten WAAAY more snow than we have in Sandy! Last year was much worse for us!

Keely - How do you really feel? I love Random Tuesdays!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see that movie! It looks great :)

Ms. Salti said...

Miss Musing - Definitely make sure you're awake and alert for it or you may miss some pivotal parts... or just be totally confused! FYI - pay attention to the timelines.

Needsleepy said...

I think it is great that you found a way to throw in a pix of RPattz, and good God Taylor is indeed looking good. I agree that he is probably beefing up because of his future roles in the movies. I have to say I do like his hair short. :-)

Auri said...

Okay... I think you should just get it over with and become a veggie because Pat's was killer and you're not allowed to say it wasn't just because you don't like meat. BTW... their collard greens are crazy good too.
hmm... I can't believe you're going on two vacations... I hope you're being a good girl with your credit cards... that's all I'm saying=) I'm not a hater...
Oh... and yes, my BF is very cute (RP) and if you're good I'll introduce you sometime
xoxo