***Seriously... what the hell? I posted this like 5 hours ago and it's still not showing up on the "Blogs I'm Following" roll. It's pissing me off!!!!!***
This last weekend was dubbed "Brittany's Weekend," or if you're Rose it was "Brittany, Brittany, Brittany!" She has some selfishness issues she needs to deal with. Anyway... Saturday was Brittany's Bachelorette Day. Her sister Jaimee (who is her matron of honor) was in charge of getting it all set up, and decided that the day would start off at the spa for some pampering, and would conclude by consuming copious amounts of alcohol. I don't think anyone had a problem with any part of it!We went to a spa called the Kura Door which is a Japanese inspired spa in the avenues downtown. It's a very tranquil spa equipped with a nice locker room, robes, a fabulous sitting area and a meditation room. They also have a regular and a dry sauna for guests to use before and/or after treatments. I got there a bit too late to use them but I hear they're great. And other than one of the girls in our party being way too loud (one of the attendants had to come back and tell the group to keep it down) it was very relaxing. I got a facial that was divine, and everyone else really enjoyed their treatments too!
After the spa we all went our separate ways and were to meet up later (either at my house to pre-game) or at the Bayou. We didn't end up having time to pre-game, so Brittany headed downtown, ride compliments of her mum, to wait for everyone's arrival. Jessica picked me up and then we swung by Noelle's to grab her before heading to the bar. We met Rose in the parking lot and headed inside, only to look at my phone and realize the group had headed to another bar because the Bayou was too crowded.
The night before, Jaimee had mentioned going to the Circle Lounge instead of the Bayou because of the dancing. None of the girls in the group I came with were particularly excited about going to a dance club/bar. It's not really our scene and we weren't sure we'd have a good time. When we got there, we were the only people inside. Granted, it was only 8:30, but come on.
The rest of the party had gotten there before us (because we didn't get the memo and were at the Bayou, and may or may not have been drinking from a to-go cup in the parking lot for 10 minutes before walking inside) so they had scored a big loungy area in the back corner for us all. And to top it off, they scored us the best cocktail server in the place. Not that we knew this beforehand, but she rocked and made our night!
The Circle Lounge has a food menu, but it's all sushi, and I don't do sushi. I ordered some tempura veggies and a chicken salad. The veggies were great, but the chicken on my salad wasn't done. What is it with Japanese food establishments not cooking the chicken enough? Do they think that since people like to eat raw fish, they also enjoy raw chicken? Whatevs!
Apparently the sushi was great, and it was cheap, too. I guess as long as everyone else was happy, I can get over it. The drinks weren't too expensive either, so that made for a very inexpensive and enjoyable evening. Too bad we didn't know that earlier... some of us may have downed a few more cocktails!
Earlier in the day, I had stopped by the Blue Boutique to get some fun/naughty gifts for Brittany. Yes, I had gotten her a nightie for the shower, but I wanted to get her some dirty stuff for the Bachelorette party! The Blue Boutique is one of our local lingerie boutique/adult novelty stores and it's great. They have a huge selection of everything and I spent way too much time trying to decide what to buy.
I ended up getting her a really cute pair of while, lacey, ruffled boy shorts/cheeky pants with hot pink garters. (Was that visual enough?) I also got her some white thigh-highs to go with it which she can also use with her cute bustier set that Kasian gave her. I also got her a bottle of lube (Gun Oil - it's awesome), some flavored condoms, a glow-in-the-dark condom, and some banana-flavored stuff for doing *ahem* stuff. Oh, and a box of "mints" that have benzocaine in them, if you catch my drift. I think she liked the gifts, and I'm sure that Paul will, too!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Drinking and Debauchery
After we ate, we had a few more shots and talked and laughed and danced. We all had a round of raspberry kamikaze shots that were pretty good. I'm not a raspberry fan, but they were doable. After that we had a round of chocolate cake shots. I guess they're made with Frangelico (hazelnut liqueur) and vodka... first you lick the sugar off a slice of lemon, then you shoot the alcohol, and then bite the slice of lemon, and it tastes like chocolate cake. Pretty good, except at the end, all I tasted was lemon. Oh well!
The rest of the night was spent drinking more, dancing more, and lounging around. We made friends with a couple that came and sat with us. He was from New Zealand and I guess she was from here. Very cute couple, but apparently they weren't together. Brittany spent a lot of time talking with them while the rest of us admired her boobies. They were perfect... purchased... but perfect! We were all insanely jealous!
Speaking of boobies... apparently Jaimee (who is married with children) likes "pillows," and so she spent a large amount of time that night resting on Noelle's. After she discovered that Noelle's cleavage smelled so great, she invited everyone in the bar over to smell it. That's when Jason, the crazy boy in the pink polo shirt came to hang out with us. We all thought he was gay. Apparently, he's not aware of that fact yet. Oh, so young and innocent... and in denial!
I was pretty shocked that all of us (except for Rose and her bum knee) got out on the dance floor! I didn't last too long because I was too hot (hence my original avoidance of going dancing in the first place) but we got out there in spurts. Even Jessica danced a bit... I'm so proud! By about 1 AM we'd all hit a wall and decided to head out. Tracie, Abbie and Jenn left to go back to their hotel (as they drove down from Ogden) and Noelle, Rose, Jessica and I headed out as well. We were all hungry after hours of dancing, drinking and not eating real food, so we headed to the VI for some late night/early morning grub. Thank God, Jessica doesn't drink and she was our DD. She's an angel!
After VI, we took Rose back to her car (yes she was fine to drive - quit drinking 5 hours earlier) and we headed back to Noelle's. Jessica and I dropped her off and then headed for my house. I didn't get home until almost 3 which is rare for me, and even more rare for Jessica. We used to have this joke that if we hung out on the weekends, we couldn't go home before 11 PM so we couldn't be considered old bitties! I think we hit our goal Saturday night!
By the next morning Brittany, Jaimee, Noelle, Rose, Jessica (obviously as she didn't drink) and I were all fine. Apparently Tracie, Jenn and Abbie were worse for wear. I'll have to talk to them at the wedding this weekend and see how they fared. I'm just glad I wasn't in their shoes. So not fun! So that was the Weekend of Brittany. I hope she enjoyed it as much as I did, and I can't wait for the wedding this weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























































3 comments:
i need a spa day. and sleep. i'm not sure which one i need more after last night.
Jaime - Treat yourself to both over the weekend!
Looks like a blast! Sorry I missed the night out!
Post a Comment