Monday, March 2, 2009

Not Now, Kato!

Friday night was party night over at Auri's. I've decided that indoor parties during the winter are no where near as fun and exciting as outdoor parties during the summer. That said, we still laughed our asses off that night. Seriously. Our bellies hurt afterward. After very little deliberation, Tom decided that Krystal is a gay man in a woman's body. Why or how he came to this conclusion is beyond me... maybe you should ask him. Probably something to do with her dirty little mind. The two of them were in cahoots all night and had the rest of us rolling on the floor.In the meantime, Tom got his camera out, and since he'd been drinking, I was able to effectively take him down and gain control of his fancy shmancy camera. He should be thankful I gave it back to him at the end of the night. I actually stole all these pictures off of his Smugmug site, but since I took them, I thought it was only fair!Technically, I didn't take this picture, Auri did...Self portrait... aren't we cute? Being that the camera weighs 20 pounds, and we had to turn it on ourselves, I think it turned out pretty well, don't you? About halfway through the evening Auri took up residence on the couch with Emily and Eric. During a lull in the conversation Emily blurted out, "It feels really good to have your tricep on my breast." The picture above should be indicative of that. Kind of random, very funny.
Here is Ben, contemplating the world's problems on the kids' step stool.
I have no idea what they were talking about or doing.... I'll let you try and figure it out!
So, Tom had polished off most of a bottle of wine... and y'all know what happens when he does that... foolishness ensues! Just kidding... but he does get VERY animated. (For those of you who don't know, Tom is Auri's dad... not her husband, as thought by many people). I'm not sure what got him going (maybe he can fill us in with a comment) but he just started shouting, "Not now, Kato!" I had no idea who the hell Kato was. I thought he was referring to Kato Kaelin (the OJ Simpson accomplice, or whatever he was), but I was edumacated otherwise. I guess the line is from the original Pink Panther movies, way back when (like in the late '70s, early '80s). I used to watch those all the time when I was little, but I couldn't tell you the last time I saw one, let alone remember any of the details. So for the rest of the night, everyone was randomly shouting, "Not now, Kato (or Auri, or Krystal, or Matt)!" I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!

6 comments:

Petra a.k.a The Wise (*Young*) Mommy said...

That looks like so much fun. I love nights like that. Good friends, good conversation and good drinks! The recipe for a perfect evening!

Noelle said...

It looks like you had fun, despite the fact that I wasn't there! Just kidding. I was sad though that I couldn't go. I appreciated seeing the craziness that ensued...

Brooke said...

Wow, I'm coming out for the next shindig, because it looks like you guys had oodles of fun!!!

Ms. Salti said...

Petra - It was fun... maybe next time you can join us. I have a feeling you'd be the life of the party!

Nellie - You better be at the next one... or I'll beat you. I know where you live...

Brooke - If you're ever in SLC, let me know, we'll definitely party!

Auri said...

Parties are always a good time. I agree I love being outdoors... but as long as I've got the people I love around me... it's all good. And yes... the whole "not now, kato" thing had me almost peeing my pants!!

Ms. Salti said...

True... being surrounded by our crazy friends is good no matter the locale, but I can't wait for our next outdoor BBQ!