Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Random Tuesdayness - Fourth Edition

randomtuesday

We're back with another edition of Random Tuesdayness, brought to you originally by Keely over at The Un Mom. If you wanna participate, run over there, grab her button, and do your own damn post. Random Tuesday Thoughts posts should be about nothing in particular, but everything on your mind. You know all the crap stuck in the corners that you just can't seem to get to? This is the place to let it all out! So, without further ado... or adieu....?

I come first with a peace offering. I don't know why I need to offer y'all a token of my peace seeing as how I'm not planning on dropping any bombs or pissing anyone off, but I give you a gift anyway. Tell me again how much you love me.... You're welcome. This picture is currently my wallpaper on my phone. Oh how I love this man! If you want more of him (and I don't know why on God's green earth you wouldn't) you can check out this website for your hourly fill of obsession!Hmmm... I went to visit Noelle at her school today after my early morning meetings (which were two, by the way, not just one) since she teaches down the road from where I was. I left the office and I drove around the 'hood for 15 minutes hoping to stumble upon her school. She told me to either call or text when I was on my way. I didn't have an address and she wouldn't answer her phone or the text I sent. Rude! I somehow miraculously found the school (I have a very good sense of direction... and I'm smarter than I look). I think I'm just good like that. Maybe it was luck. Who knows. In any case, I got to see her classroom and all of her rugrats. I don't envy her at all!

I had to get up early this morning (which means earlier than usual) to get to a meeting by 7:30 clear the hell downtown. The drive on the freeway really isn't that much longer than the drive on the regular roads to my normal office, but it is downtown, so I had to get up super early. I hate getting up early. But you already know that. So, in honor of needing to get plenty of sleep, I took an Ambien at 10:15 last night. It didn't really kick in for about an hour, so I dinked around on my laptop... left dirty comments on Auri's blog... IM'd back and forth with coffee boy. It was thrilling, let me tell ya. So naturally, I didn't get in bed until midnight, and the whole point of taking an effing sleeping pill was for not. Whatever! Have any of you taken Ambien before? I like that right before I get in bed, I feel drunk but don't wake up with a hangover. It's great. Good thing I don't have hallucinations like this poor shmuck! Although, if you stay up long enough after having taken it, you will. Trust me.

Do you ever have those days where everything you're wearing, the makeup you've got on, and your hairdo seem as though they're out to get you? I'm having one of those days. The hair is scary. I don't have much makeup on (which it's amazing I got any on at all this morning), and I hate my outfit...especially my shoes. I decided that I need to get back into the habit of wearing eye shadow everyday. It opens up my eyes and makes me look better. I feel too squinty today. My eyes are barely open... maybe that's from the lack of sleep, you say? Hell no! It's the makeup! I want to look at feel like the chick in the cocktail glass on the left. She's hot, she's sexy, and she knows it! I need to feel like that soon, because as of right now, I feel like poo!


The countdown for San Francisco is down to 66 days (if I counted right while I was trying to stay awake in my meeting this morning), and I'm more than excited. I have been looking forward to sleeping in that bed at the Diva again for a looong time! Seriously, the most comfortable bed EVER. I need one. Maybe Serta will send me one and I'll write rave reviews about it all over the internet. It could happen... In any case, I'm looking forward to the comfy bed (obvi), the fantastic shopping, drinking fabulous alcohol, eating yummy food, and sightseeing until my heart's content. Stores you can bet I'll be hitting include: Sephora, MAC, DSW, and any others y'all would recommend. Not that I ever need help spending money... But suggestions are always good. I have a thing for martini glasses - can you tell?

So, there are a ton of good musicians coming to town this summer and I'd love to go see a few concerrts. A few on my list include: Kelly Clarkson, Kenny Chesney/Miranda Lambert/Sugarland/Lady Antebellum (all four in one night), and a few others that I can't seem to think of right now. Oh well. They'll come to me when I'm sleeping. And then I won't remember them in the morning. And then I'll be right back where I started. Great! Just great! I think it would be great if Lily Allen came to town (yeah, like that would ever happen) and if Joss goes back on tour, you can bet your asses I'll be seeing her, too! A girl can dream. Remind me to tell y'all about the trip Odum and I took to Vegas to see Joss. It was magical.















Ok, I'm going on a rant here... bear with me. Why in the hell would you get on an online dating service, meet someone, go out a few times, and then keep everything totally casual for the next six months and never once mention your "relationship" in whatever the hell context it may be? I just . don't . get . it! And no, I haven't talked to him about anything because there's nothing to talk about. I wouldn't even know where to start. "Um, yeah, so, uh, yeah. What the hell man?" That's probably as far as I'd get. Why oh why does dating have to be so difficult and confusing?

Ok, well, I guess that's enough randomness from me today. Plus, I have a Breaking Dawn review and a post about the Bachelorette Party to write. So much blogging, so little time... Oh, and happy Effing Saint Patty's Day!!!

9 comments:

Noelle said...

Ok, I am sorry that I didn't answer my phone! I didn't know it was in my purse, so therefore I didn't hear it vibrating. I am so sorry! Will you forgive me? Anywho, I want to thank you again for coming to visit me and the kids in the hood! I think it was kind of funny that not one of them wanted to know who you were! My last two classes would have been all over you like white on rice and would have engaged! NOTHING! Now you can see a little of what I am dealing with, but lets face it, I do love it and that is why I still do it:)

Keely said...

He looks much better with scruffy facial hair.

I think "dating in an honest world" would pretty much remove the need for the actual dating, don't you??

Ms. Salti said...

Noelle - I'll forgive you... eventually! Ha! It was nice to check out the hood.

Keely - He's sexy pretty much whatever he does in my book. I'd be happy if there were no need to date. Maybe we should revert to arranged marriages?

Jaime said...

i don't know how you do it. you keep finding hotter and hotter pictures of him.

Love that cartoon!

Pour yourself a drink. sounds like we both need one today. cheers

Anonymous said...

Men and dating confuse me. I like that Dating in an Honest World. So very true.

I think I would like to try Ambien. They usually proscribe Imovane here for sleep. I just take Nytol...which is actually just Benadryl. Hmm.

Ms. Salti said...

Jaime - Check out that website in the post. That's where I find all the pics. It's great. There are videos too. Actually, maybe don't check it out in case you want to get anything accomplished ever again!

SB - I love that cartoon. It says it all! I personally love ambien, but not everyone does. Give it a shot. Just don't blog or "drunk" text/e-mail anyone after you've taken it!

Epochedict said...

I'm glad you're counting down, I just can't think that hard! I'm so very excited! We paid for our room Friday, so there is no turning back. King bed, salon floor, w00t!

I've tried Ambien, gives me a hangover. Doc gave me Lunesta to try, but it isn't working... 2 hours of sleep, blegh.

As far as the online dating thing... There are two reasons: The Y chromosome prohibits men from thinking about details like that. Ex: Joe didn't update his relationship status until I MOVED IN and gave him crap. OR: They want to keep their options open. Sheesh.

Love ya!

Captain Dumbass said...

I loved that walrus.

Ms. Salti said...

Jen - Noelle and I wanted to pay for our room but totally forgot about it. We need to call them and see what's up! And men are idiots!

Capt'n - I loved it too. I tried to find more, but that was it!