Monday, March 9, 2009

What Did You Forget?

My parents celebrated their 33rd anniversary last week and I had mentioned how I felt bad because my dad was out of town. What I failed to remember was that they have all of this week to spend on a beach in Mexico at an all-inclusive resort, all expenses paid. So yeah, I don't feel bad anymore. For myself, yes. For them, no.In case you live in a hole, we changed the clocks on Saturday night/Sunday morning and sprung ahead one hour, thus, losing an hour of sleep. And when did my parents have to leave the house to get to the airport? Oh yeah, at 7:15 AM, which makes it more like 6:15 AM, which meant that I had to get up at like 5:45 AM to get ready to take them. Being that I am sooo not a morning person, this would be difficult in-and-of-itself, if I had gone to bed at a reasonable hour. However, since I'm dealing with an addiction, I was up until about 2:30 AM reading. We left the house at 7:20 (keeping in mind it feels more like 6:20) and headed to the airport. We got to the junction in the freeway right before I-15 and my dad screams out, "Oh, shit!!!" Naturally, my mom asks, "Oh no, what did you forget?" Yeah, he forgot to grab the golf clubs. I personally don't see the sense in packing golf clubs 1500 miles (or however far away it is) to another country, but when it comes to golf, my dad's life is taken over by it. So what did we do? Yeah, we turned around and went back to the house to get his effing golf clubs. I'm willing to bet he doesn't even play while they're there.If it were me, I'd be spending every day by the pool or on the beach, reading a book and sipping a cocktail. Especially when it costs something like $200-300 to play one round of 18 holes. Yeah, I don't think so! If they come back with any fabu pictures (which they probably won't) I'll share them with you so we can all moan in agony together!

7 comments:

Jaime said...

i've never been into golf, so i just don't understand taking a vacation to go play golf. i'm with you - i'd much rather be hanging out on a lounge chair with an icy drink in one hand and my kindle in the other.

Ms. Salti said...

Jaime - I used to golf, but the last time I went, I threw out my back... The thing is, they're not going to play golf, he just took the clubs "in case." He's nuts!

Anonymous said...

Lucky parents. I want a vacation.

Saskia said...

Ooh, the resort looks beautiful! We could really do with some sunshine and warm weather here... winter's overstaying his welcome!

x

Brooke said...

I'm right with you...Beach, drink and book. And my vacay is complete!

Auri said...

Amen Brooke! If I get a tan and a good fantasy I'm good

Ms. Salti said...

SB - I need a vacation, there is no "want" here!

Saskia - Those are just random pics that I got when I googled Mexico golf courses. I'm sure the resort they're at looks just as nice! Wish I was with them!

Brooke - If I could be there right now with my Twilight series, the sun, and an endless supply of pina coladas, I'd be the happiest girl in the world!

Aurs - I'm witchu!