Ok, not really, but I do smell good... at least that's what everyone tells me. I pride myself on it.
I got tagged by my bloggy friend Saskia to do a post answering this question: What is your signature scent?
Does she have any idea what she's gotten herself (well, me, really) into? I don't know that I have a signature scent, instead I have a plethora.
When I was younger I wasn't allowed to wear perfume because it gives my mom a headache. As I got older and spent less time around my mom, I kind of went off the deep end with perfume. I have about 10 different fragrances that I wear pretty regularly, but I won't take the time to list them all.
The one I've been most partial to for the last few years is Burberry Brit. I think the first time I smelled it, I was in San Diego with Rose and it's all I could talk about for days after I tried it on. It's one of those that smells good in the bottle and even better after it's reacted with my chemistry. It's funny because I wanted it for a long time and never bought it. Finally, when Odum and I had gone to Las Vegas to see Joss Stone, I bought a small bottle. I bought it because it was affordable, and I was afraid I wouldn't like it after a while and didn't want to waste my money. I haven't been without a bottle since!
I first smelled Coach perfume in Las Vegas with Kenzie when we went for her 21st birthday (almost two years ago). I bought a bottle and love it. Very floral, but light and not too potent, more of a warm weather smell. Definitely one I'll keep on hand.
Narciso Rodriguez For Her is the newest addition to my collection. I think it's more of a spicy scent, but when you read what's in it, it's not spicy at all. I'm just weird, I guess. It's definitely a heavier scent, but I love it.
Oh, Romance. I love Ralph Lauren Romance. The Ralph fragrances are ones I usually shy away from because EVERYONE wears them. This one though, pure bliss. The first time I smelled this one was on a roadtrip to San Diego with an old friend named Erika. She wore it and I loved it. I got a bottle free of charge for working at the fragrance counter at Nordstrom that Christmas, and I finally just got my second bottle last year. It lasted a long time.
Vera, Vera, Vera. The first time I smelled Vera was on another trip to San Diego. I had gotten a sample of it and put it on the first night we got there. If I've gone a while without wearing it, once I put it on again, the memories of that first smell always come back. Funny how that happens, huh?
So, apparently, most of my perfume experiences occur while I'm out of town. Either San Diego or Vegas. Guess I should go back soon and add another bottle to my collection.























































7 comments:
They are gonna love me at the mall when i ask to smell all of these. I made a list. I currently wear Ed Hardy by Christian Audigier (the pink one). Have you smelled it?
I bet you smell fabulous all the time! My perfume is Pure Poison by Dior. I think after reading your post I'll have to add to the collection soon!
I bet you do smell good.
and I love the twilight references...
I was reading one of your previous post when you first started Twilight and I laughed because
you totally have to let me know when you get to Breaking Dawn!
Hi there,
I always see your cute photo over at Red Whine, so here I am snooping around.
My name is Auntie.
I am a perfume freak too.
That Romance is very good.
I also love Coco Chanel.
It's true about memories/perfume:
Lancome has one called Bengal... I bought it on the airplane on my way to India a couple years ago. I wore it everyday while touring India. So of course, whenever I spritz some on, I think about that trip.
Nice blog.
Will return again soon!
Awe, what the heck.
Let me just follow you.
bye for now!
finish the series yet? when you resurface from the book, there's an award for you over at my blog.
Flowerbomb is gorgeous but really pricey here... Hope it's not as expensive for you if you go for it!
I will have to write your perfumes-of-choice down and test them when I next want a change!
Saskia x
Siren - I think I've smelled the Ed Hardy and liked it. I'll have to check it out again.
Brooke - I'll definitely be checking out the Dior. I love Dior! Especially their mascara!
Krystyna - I'm loving Breaking Dawn. I've got about 250 pages to go.
Auntie - Thanks for stopping by and following me! I'll have to check out your perfumes next time I'm at the mall!
Jaime - Almost there... and loving it. Wasn't sure how I felt about book 2 with Jacob, but it all makes sense now!
Saskia - I'll have to check out price on the Flowerbomb. I hope it's not too pricey!
Post a Comment