I cannot, for the life of me, understand what my problem is lately. I have been severly unmotivated to do anything but read, dork around on my computer, and sleep. I know there are quite a few of you out there who can relate. I either know you personally or read your blogs and you've said as much. I'm not having a hard time doing the things I want to do, or enjoy doing. I'm having issues doing "responsible" stuff in a timely manner. Like cleaning the basement (or my disgustingly dirty toilet, for that matter - which I finally cleaned last night), putting gas in my car, paying my bills (to my mother), and picking up my prescription. These aren't things that are necessarily uncomfortable or painful (except parting with my money), just things that are the furthest thing from my mind most of the time. And I can't seem to figure out why. I'm not particularly stressed out. My job is fairly easy-going (except on the days when we have sessions - and as soon as they're over, so is my stress), my home life is pretty kick-back (minus my dad feeling the need to lecture me about anything he can possibly think of - it's an ingrained thing - maybe a Palestinian thing), and my friends are all fabulous. So why in God's name am I having a problem focusing? Maybe it's my meds. Maybe it's a brain defect I've recently acquired. Maybe ... I don't know.
Friday, March 27, 2009
If I Run Out of Gas I'll Be Disowned
I was on my way to my nail appointment this morning and I remembered my gas light came on last night on my way home from Noelle's (as she was so kind as to feed me dinner). Did I bother to stop last night and put gas in my car? Nope. I figured I'd do it this morning. So when I left this morning, I stopped at Starbucks for my daily chai, and headed to the Nail Garden. I didn't want to be late (because I'm always late) so I decided to forego getting gas and went straight to my appointment. The whole way there, after I'd passed Chevron, I had visions of being stranded on the side of the road because I ran out of gas. And my car died. This scenario is sooo not an option for me. Can I just tell you, if I ever had to call my parents for help because I ran out of gas, they'd disown me. I distinctly remember my mom telling me once that running out of gas is one of the stupidest things anyone could ever do. Well, I certainly don't ever want to incur the wrath of my mother in that situation. I can imagine the conversation:
Me - Hey Mom, I um, ran out of gas. Can you either bring me some, or come pick me up?
Mom - Are you effing serious? Sucks to be you. Figure it out on your own!
Me - Uh, ok, guess I'll call someone who cares... dial tone...
Seriously, what is so hard about stopping to put gas in my car? Is it because I usually fill up at Costco and didn't have time to go there? Is it because I have no money? Is it because I just suck and can't get my shit together? I don't know... but hopefully I'll figure it out soon so I can stop procrastinating on everything and get my life in order!
In parting, I ask you this... Have you ever run out of gas? If so, what did you do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























































7 comments:
No I haven't... yet. It's only a matter of time though!! I HATE putting petrol in the car. HATE IT. I don't know why. Maybe because I always run out when I'm in a hurry!
I hope you have a great weekend Erica x
When I was younger, I remember my dad turning the car off and coasting down a hill in my hometown, and sailing into the gas station because he forgot to fill the car up. But my dad is kind of a moron.
I know what it's like to feel like that. I call it "feeling meh". Juvenile, I know. Easiest way to describe it though. I hope you feel better. Have a great weekend!!
i've never run out of gas, but i came very close. the "miles to 0" meter on my car went to zero and i literally coasted to the nearest exxon on fumes!
shooting lazers out of your boobs, huh? interesting super power. but i'm with you. that one's worth having if i can't fly!
OMG! Yes, I ran out of gas across the street from the gas station in the grocery store parking lot. I was waiting at the stoplight to go through the intersection and accross the street to GET gas! SO embarrassing!! But what was even MORE embarrassing was that a fire truck came through the parking lot and told me to "get on" and they would take me accross the street to get gas. I was MORTIFIED!! The HOT firemen were SO nice, but I was SO embarrassed!!!
so I have never run out of gas but once I came very close as I was on my way to the gas station. Of course I choose the farthest gas station to get the cheaper price on gas and my parents assured me that I could make it there but the whole time i worried and worried that I would run out of gas on the highway and die.
well i knew i wouldn't die but I was a pessimist and a worrier so those were my thoughts :)
It's still 'technically' winter here. It's cold. I work 11pm to 7am ... both times of the day are COLD COLD COLD. I'm sleeping during the nice warmed up part of the day. Therefor, I'm hard pressed to put gas in my car. *sighs*
I feel the same way about a lot of things though. I just wish a nice 72 degree day would get here ... so I could thrust open the windows, grab a bucket and a sponge ... and get to that spring cleaning!
I have... but I had a good excuse. The "Beast" (my old jeep) didin't have a very accurate gas dial... I still had a 1/4 of a tank left and it ran out on me! After that I always filled up once I hit half a tank... Pain in the ass. And by the way... I'll always come to pick you up=)
Post a Comment