Anyone remember when I told you about how my mother hates when I straighten my hair? I'm pretty sure I wrote about it in a post somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. Oh wait, just found it!
Anyway, my hair is naturally curly (as can be seen in various pictures around my blog) and I never straighten it on my own. I'm sure I could, I just don't have the patience, or the tools! So, when I go get my hair done (i.e., the gray covered up), I'll occasionally have Holly straigten it. Not every visit, maybe every other, at most.
Without fail, every time I walk in the house after returning from the salon, my mom proceeds to make some rude comment about how much she hates it. My dad and brother do it as well. Well, you know what, Mom? It gets straightened maybe four times a year. And how long does it last? One effing day (except this time when it miraculously lasted for two). So maybe you humor me and pretend not to notice it or just lie to me and tell me I look nice. I don't need to hear 'beautiful' or 'gorgeous,' but the tone with which you say, "Oh, look, it's my favorite hair-do!" leaves much to be desired!I don't pester you about the button down blouse you wear that I absolutely despise. Or the fact that a part of your makeup regime needs a little help. I don't ever say anything negative about how you look. Apparently, I'm not so lucky to be on the receiving end of such warmth.
Now don't get me wrong, I love my mom with all my heart, and I don't know what I'd do without her, but sometimes I could beat her. As you all can relate, I'm sure.
So here you have it, finally... pictures of me with straight hair. I'm still undecided about it. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. Good thing it only lasts 24 hours, huh?
Oh, and in the 2nd picture, I'm wearing my Team Edward sweatshirt, just in case you missed it!
Monday, March 30, 2009
Got Mah Herr Did
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























































15 comments:
love the straight hair! moms are good for making obnoxious comments just to drive us crazy. my mom does it to me. and i'm sure one day when he's older i'll be tormenting my son... i cringe for my future daughter in law :)
You look fab! And the second picture is awesome... I love the green glow and all the shrubbery=)
I LOVE IT :)
you look so cute and I am loving the sweatshirt too!
I am very jealous.
Wha????? A fellow Utahn? I'm peeing myself just a little. Also? Curly haired girls unite! I think we're close to twinners! Yay! Glad to meet ya! I once straightened my hair in college and my parents freaked. The only other time they've been that upset with me is when they found out I was a liberal.
I like it straight! You look so pretty. I hate my curly hair.
I LOVE IT!! I have a friend who has SUPER curly hair and it always looks so fabulous straight --
Sorry your mum doesn't think so! I DO!!! :)
Jaime - I think if you try to make an effort, you won't piss him off too much!
Aurs - Isn't it funny that I never see you when it's straight?
KL - Thanks. And I love my sweatshirt... sooo comfy!
Steenky Bee - Thanks for stopping by! Us curly haired girls need to stick together!
SB - Thanks... I like your hair (even though I only saw the picture for like 1/2 of a second!) curly! It's cute.
Anna - Thanks! I'm happy it's so easy to style curly. 5 minutes tops! I wonder how long it would take to straighten it myself...
I love your new HUR did! And I love even more that you type exactly as I do!!! "Got Mah Herr Did". I love it!!!
Your curly hair is gorgeous (I'm a curly girl too) but is also looks very pretty straight! I'm too lazy to straighten my hair :)
Jen - I think it's funny we say the same crap. I think my bloggy friend Brooke said something similar last week!
Miss Musing - Thanks for stopping by! Curly is definitely easier to deal with that straight! Plus, it lasts longer!
Got ur hurrrr did! hahah I love it! Straight looks great! haha I rhymed :)
yah... a conspiracy between your mom and I=)
btw... 23 hours since your last post?! Your slipping woman;) haha
Brooke - I've been saying that forever, then saw that you had said it and I was cracking up!
Aurs - You two are always conspiring against me! And I posted at like Noon, so neener neener!
that title was the BEST! and your hair looks great straight! I love it!
Adlibby - Thanks! My personal jury is still out on whether or not I actually like it straight!
Post a Comment