The house I fell in love with is a No-Go. My parents went by to look at it a few days before I went out of town. Apparently there are like an extra $50,000 in upgrades the chick didn't tell us about. We even asked what was upgraded. For some reason it slipped her mind that the whole fucking house was an upgrade. I'm kinda pissed, can you tell?
I was counting on my parents for help with a down payment. I can't get a straight answer out of anyone other than, "Don't worry about it." Last week when I asked about it again, my dad told me he'd give me $1,000. I appreciate the offer, but seriously, $1,000 isn't going to get me anywhere.
I went to look at houses again last night with my realtor. We saw two models that I really like, but they're out west pretty far. I'm going to have to learn to deal with the location because that's all I'm going to be able to do if I want something new in my price range. My parents went to look at the place today and my mom told me the location, "... is really inconvenient." Well excuse the shit out of me! How often do they think they're going to be coming over?
Finally, S and I have been texting, nearly every day, since we had coffee a few weeks ago. We texted while I was on both of my trips. He sent me some funny drunk texts on Friday night and the last time we texted was on Saturday night. I didn't hear from him at all over the last three days. I sent him a text today to say hi and I still haven't heard back from him. Seriously? Don't just blow me off. I just want to cry...
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Totally Discouraged
Posted by Ms. Salti at 12:00 AM
Labels: Bitching, Dating, House Search
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























































7 comments:
You are an amazing woman. You are strong, intelligent, caring, and compassionate. You have taken on a lot more than most people your age and although that never helps me when people say it I think it explains a little bit of the amount of stress you find yourself in. You will find a great house to live in and you know why? Because it will be yours! And you'll make it incredible! And no matter how much your parents can help out with it will be yours! I don't know if I believe in destiny... but Scott seems like a good guy... even you said this. Trust him for a minute. I know this is impossible for you to do... but give it a shot. He deserves a little since he's given you no reason to doubt him. I love you. You are my rock. And you are coming over today! So don't try and get out of it!!!
Here's my thought: the house thing will work out, but it'll for sure take some time, and it should since it's such an important decision. Sounds like you're being really careful and looking at every aspect before you dive in, in which case you'll find the perfect place for you!
Keep hangin in there, you're house will come along and all the stress and worrys will drop away. (Well some of them :)
Houses here are scheduled to keep dropping until next April, I assume your housing market will kind of do the same seeing as we follow you.
Don't get discouraged, it can take ages and loads of dud houses to find the house that makes you feel warm all over..
xx
Don't force the house thing.... be patient and what you need will come to you.
And I swear one of these days we have got to get together! Interested in seeing a roller derby game saturday night?
OMG i hate when boys just blow you off.
one time i was texting with a guy who, granted, did have a girlfriend. but he was really unhappy and we were only texting at that point. but all of a sudden, he stopped texting me.
i found out from his sister that he decided to stay with his girlfriend.
like its cool that you want to stay with your girlfriend but have the decency to tell me that we shouldn't talk anymore.
it took us over 9 months to find our house. NINE MONTHS. i could have gotten knocked up and had a kid in that amount of time. it was a totally frustrating process. and then, the pigs we bought this house from stole the attic stairs!
anyway, the point is...stick with it. you'll find somewhere great.
Thanks for the words of encouragement, girls. I needed them!
Post a Comment