After Noelle and I left the Tea Gardens we headed to the MAC store (my happy place) and the rest of the group headed for the science museum. Apparently the line was really long and they went to the Cliff House instead. Noelle and I shopped at MAC, got all of my supplies and then grabbed lunch at Pasta Pomodoro. The food was good, but the lettuce in our salads was sketchy. I picked out the bad pieces and ate the rest. Noelle sent hers back.
Just know, the sequence of the story and the pictures are totally unrelated. After lunch we headed back toward the hotel and stopped off at DSW and Sephora (my other happy place) for a little more shopping. We got back to the hotel, met up with Rose and Michelle, and hung around for a bit. They were planning to go to dinner with Jen & Joe.
I started feeling pretty crappy, and Noelle's injured foot was giving her grief so we decided to meet them at the Starlight room later. Pretty soon after they left our room, I went in the bathroom and got sick. Wedging my ass in a 1 x 1.5 square foot space to hug the porcelain throne was not my idea of a fun evening. I spent a good 20 minutes puking. I'm pretty sure it was the salad.
I wasn't feeling 100% but decided to get ready to go out. Thank God we made a reservation for the bar or we wouldn't have had a table. We met the rest of the crew up there and had a great time.
Joe ordered a glass of Johnny Walker Blue, Jen had some champagne, Rose was sloshed from dinner, Michelle had a martini, and Noelle and I had 3 or 4 cosmos each. It was good. And we were feeling good.
The other four pooped out fairly early, so Noelle and I headed to the diner across the street to get some food before bed (so we wouldn't get sick).
This dude was from the band... he was walking around the bar while he was singing and stopped to woo Rose. I think she secretly enjoyed it.























































5 comments:
I expect a 5 course meal at 1AM, and by that I mean, like 5 different drinks, each bigger than the one before.
johnny walker blue. very nice. way too expensive. but so good.
I'd love to go there, but I'm afraid of the
"I'm a vegatarian and I ain't fuckin scared of him."
Bwah ha ha. Ok, I don't remember what my comment was now. Anybody else who reads this isn't going to understand it. Ha!
Sure you passed out from 'exhaustion', right... the cosmos had nothing to do with it ;-) Perhaps you should have had more to drink... then the diner would have been delish!
Cheryl - I'm with you, but need something to soak it all up afterward so I can sleep! And then there's no hangover in the morning.
Jaime - My dad drinks the JW. I can't handle it. You're a tough cookie like that!
Captain - I'm just glad I knew what the hell you were talking about.
Aurs - It was exhaustion, and maybe a bit of the alcohol. I tried to drink more but everyone else wanted to leave!
Post a Comment