I love my dentist. No, really, I love him, everyone that works in his office, and his practice as a whole. Let me tell you why...
To start, his office is in an old, one-story, plain ole' white brick building, and when you walk through the front door, you're surrounded by a very swanky office. Not swanky in a snotty sense, but swanky in a very contemporary and sleek way. After checking in, you're taken back into the "Zen Room," to relax before your cleaning with a drink of your choice (coffee, tea, water, etc.). The picture at the left is from my massage chair in the Zen Room looking toward the door. There are three massage chairs in the room, a small fountain, and candles. Very chill. After about 10 minutes in the chair, one of the dental assistants comes to get you. At this point you receive your parrafin hand wax treatment with mitts and all, and are then escorted to the exam room.
Once you're seated (while you've still got the wax on your hands and in the warm mitts) you receive your warm or cool aromoatherapy eye mask to enjoy during your cleaning. I'll spare the details of the cleaning, except for the fact that they use an ultrasonic tool that is totally gentle, and no scraping is required!!! (This is great except if you're Auri, and you're disappointed by this?!) When the cleaning is done, Dr. Graham comes in, pokes around in your mouth for a minute, checks your x-rays, and heads out. (He's an absolute doll!!!) His best quality? He actually removes his hands and instruments from your mouth so you can talk if he asks you a question! After everything is done, one of the assistants comes back in and gives you a facial and neck massage, followed up with a hot towel. No, I'm not making this up. Let me know, and I'll give you his number!
So yeah, I love my dentist. He's awesome. And except for the fact that I have to get a couple of cavities filled in two weeks, I can't wait 'til I see him again! Sadly, if you have to have work done, you don't get the special treatment. Maybe I can talk him into it?
Thursday, January 29, 2009
The Zentist
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























































2 comments:
OMG, that sounds fantastic.
My dentist is Swedish with the brightest blue eyes ever.
However the cleaning nurse is torturous. I have never had pain like it...
MMM... mouth torture... yummy=) hahaha! Just kidding. Hey, I like that you neglected the little info about who sent you to our beloved Dr. Graham... moi! Oh well... I'm just assuming you were so taken with writing about him that you forgot;)
Post a Comment