Saturday, January 3, 2009

And Then...

You know how you hear stories about other people, and you think to yourself, "Jeez, that could NEVER happen to me!"? Well, have I got one for you... *Be advised this post contains language*

I haven't yet finished recounting Vegas, although we're getting really close. One or two more posts and we should be there. In those upcoming posts I was planning on telling you all about the guy I met at the bar in our hotel.... not a fellow guest, but the bartender. And here's where the story gets interesting.

Before I get started, I guess I should let you know that I'm planning on finishing the Vegas Tale the way I originally planned. I'm not changing my strategy at this point... because, frankly, what IS the point? Just a bump in the road, as far as I'm concerned. I'm not giving you the back story here, but you'll get it in the upcoming Vegas posts...

So, anyway, to make a long story short, I got picked up by the bartender, we exchanged phone numbers, and we've either talked on the phone or texted all day EVERY DAY since I came home (which was December 8th, which is exactly 24 days to the point where the story gets really interesting). Because we communicated somehow every day, I thought it was a little bit strange that I didn't hear from him all day on New Year's Eve. I sent about five or six texts throughout the day trying to get in touch with him.

Around 8:45 PM I finally got a response. "We can no longer talk because I'm happily married and can't talk to you anymore." ***WHAT THE FUCK?*** I responded with, "Are you fucking kidding me?" He responded with, "No," to which I replied, "You must not be that happily married if you cheat on your wife. I feel really sorry for your wife and kids that they have to live with a bastard like you." That is word-for-word what was exchanged. I didn't hear back after that.

I was in shock, I got sad, then I got angry. Pretty normal range of emotions in a 30 minute span of time considering what I just went through, no? Then I did what any normal girl would do, I got loaded. Being that it was New Year's Eve, the task was easily accomplished and I was numb to the world for a good three or four hours.

Are you ready for the next part? Fast forward to the next day (New Years). I'm at home and
getting ready to leave, so I grabbed my phone and saw that I had a missed call and a text from the same phone number. A phone number with a NV area code... and it wasn't Joe's because I hadn't deleted his number yet... and I knew it was his wife. I looked at the text and sure enough, "Hi, my name is Michelle, and I'm Joe's wife. I know this is really weird, but I'd like to talk to you for a minute, please."

So, I called Auri for a bit of moral support. She reminded me that the night before I had said that I wanted nothing more than to call and apologize to his wife. And, here was my chance. I gave Michelle a call and we had a really good conversation. She wanted to know the nature of my relationship with her husband, and I told her everything. I went to the extent of telling her all the lies he told me about their marriage, amicable divorce, and even his kids. Yeah, the asshole has kids, too. I apologized to her countless times, and the woman is so cool, she told me I didn't need to apologize to her because I did nothing wrong. She actually said to me, "I'm sorry that he lied to you. Everything he told you was a lie." The next thought in my mind was that he DOES NOT deserve her, or me, or anyone else that would treat him better than a piece of shit on her shoe. We were actually both crying while talking to each other. Kind of strange, but therapeutic at the same time.

Anyway, I don't know what will happen to their marriage or their family and I feel really badly for her and her kids. I hope she kicked his ass out of the house and divorces him. And as Noelle said earlier this evening, "There is a special place in Hell for people like him!"

3 comments:

Auri said...

I can't believe he actually sat there and smiled and chatted with all of us! I even refrained from the usual grilling that I give your men. Just goes to show I won't be making that mistake again! Total Bastard! It's called communication. If people could just get that through their thick skulls the world would be a better place. Love you!!!

Elisha said...

WOW. What an ass. Glad you and his wife know the truth now. Again, what an ass.

A Country Wife said...

What a shithead!!!
oooo it makes me so angry I loathe men that do that. It makes me want to go around with a pair of scissors! :)
Well done with speaking to his wife that must have been hard.
CW x