Sunday, January 11, 2009

On My Deathbed

Ok, maybe not quite my deathbed, but close. Actually, before I went to bed last night I had a fleeting thought about the possibility of dying in my sleep. Morbid, I know, but my lungs hurt so much, and it's becoming so hard to breathe, it's hard not to have those thoughts, you know?


So, I've now been sick for over three weeks. I started on antibiotics a week ago and I've progressively gotten worse every day since. The plague (or whatever it is) has now moved into my lungs and I have to use my inhaler every two hours to be able to breathe. I've taken Sudafed Cold & Cough every 4 hours since last night at 6 PM... which means I went through the first box I bought in less than 24 hours. I love how the warning says not to take more than 6 doses in 24 hours. There's only 5 doses in the box. Anyway, I now have a box of 20 that will hopefully last me the next two days. I have to say, the Sudafed is the only thing thus far that has made the most difference in me feeling better. And I don't feel too cracked out on it.

Just another testament as to how shitty I feel... I got in bed last night at 11:45 PM, and got out of bed for the first time today at 1:45 PM. Yeah, I slept for 14 hours. I then ate breakfast, and came back to my bed and slept for a few more hours. I've either been in my bed or on my big, cushy chair in the family room all day. And now I'm in my bed again.... coughing up at least one, if not both of my lungs, waiting for my next dose of drugs. I see a new PCP tomorrow, so hopefully he can cure me of whatever has taken up residence in my upper respiratory system. If not, look for my obituary, because without intervention soon, that's what's coming around the bend.
Oh, and if I'm still alive tomorrow or Tuesday, I'll tell you about my really fun weekend.

6 comments:

Mrs. Realife said...

UGH!!! My husband was just sick for 2 weeks (yeah... no sleep AND a new whining puppy, that was interesting)

Theraflu REALLY works great :)

Feel better soon!

Angie said...

You CAN'T DIE!!! I love you too much! :)

Brooke said...

Oh no!!!! I hope you start to feel better soon...this sounds so awful :(

Ms. Salti said...

Thanks for your well-wishes. I'm actually feeling better this morning... minus the fact that I still sound like hell! This means it can only get better from here on out, right?

Jessica said...

Oh, Miss Salti glad you are at least feeling a little better this morning. It alost sounded like you had pneumonia. Scary Gary!! I should've come with you girls on Saturday because really the rest didn't help my situation. Hope you had fun and can't wait to hear about it.

Auri said...

Don't listen to your HLP... she's just a nurse... what does she know? Hope you start to feel better soon love... xoxo