Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Random Tuesdayness - I'm Baaa-aaack

randomtuesdayI can't believe it's already time for a Random Tuesdayness again. Where the hell did the week go? Oh yeah, I've been gone. If you want to play Random Tuesday Thoughts, go grab Keely's button at The UnMom and do your own post. It's fun... I promise. And just know, the pictures are really in no particular order... part of the randomicity.

The coldest winter I ever saw was the summer I spent in San Francisco." - Mark Twain

In case you hadn't figured it out already, I've been on vacation. I'm back, and I'm tired. I even went to bed fairly early last night.
I was in San Jose from Thursday afternoon to Friday afternoon. We went shopping on Santana Row Thursday night and decided it's my new happy place. We rode the CalTrain up to San Fran and stayed there until yesterday.Saw Alex Smith (formerly of the University of Utah) who currently plays for the 49ers, at the restaurant we ate at on Thursday night.

We did a lot of sight seeing in San Fran which was different from last year...and didn't drink nearly as much... even though we wanted to. I got sick from a bad salad on Saturday afternoon and spent a great deal of time puking in the smallest bathroom known to man (the one in our room). We froze our asses off until yesterday when, naturally, the sun came out and the wind stopped blowing. I think I even got a little sun.
On Friday night Noelle's ankle rolled and she ate shit in the middle of Union Square. She is now in a boot for at least two weeks. We ate a lot, hung around in our hotel a lot, and spent a lot of money. All in all, it was a fab trip.

Fugliest outfit ever seen on the Furriest Man ever seen = Las Vegas Airport - And you can call me Incognito b/c I took that with my phone... I'm good!

I took my heart pendant necklace to Tiffany & Co. and am having a few inches added so I'll actually start wearing it again. Noelle bought some new Tiffany earrings - we'll refer to them as bolls. Remember the necklace I wanted to buy? Well I ended up with a polishing cloth instead. You can't beat a $10 purchase at that store! I get really annoyed when I'm talking to someone and I get interrupted. If you don't want to listen to me, say so. Don't just ignore me and then interrupt me without letting me finish my story. My parents do this all the time.

Taryn has a new saying, "I just can't do this anymore." The kid isn't even 3 yet and she's the biggest Drama Queen I know. It's only going to get worse. God help us all!
A few random phrases heard over the weekend:

Heard while waiting for the BART, "Don't accept chicken from panhandlers." - Translated: Don't accept tickets from panhandlers. Noelle needs to get hearing aids.

While driving to return the rental car, "I think your disco stick might be your In-N-Out Burger." - Reference to Lady Gaga's song LoveGame.

Jawas of Life - Don't ask

Did I mention we froze our asses off the whole weekend?

It's sad how much I missed blogging and reading everyone else's blogs while I was gone. I'll try to catch up on the reading, but I can't make any promises!

Apparently the weather in Salt Lake was pretty crappy all weekend. I know of multiple people who cut their vacations short because it wouldn't stop raining.

I love mini Chips Ahoy cookies. It's a good thing I don't have them often because I can't stop eating them.

Writing a post while nodding off is not advisable.

I actually fell asleep coming home on the plane yesterday... that never happens. I hope I didn't moan. I moan when I fall asleep. It's pretty embarrassing.

That's the salad that made me sick... Bastard salad!

I think that's enough for today. I'll be writing about our trip in more detail this week, so watch for the upcoming posts.

Ciao Bellas!

P.S. All photos here were taken with my CrackBerry!

11 comments:

Lifeofkaylen said...

I fell asleep on a flight home from Japan and woke up about every 12 minutes talking. And not just under the breath muttering--but full-on, conversation level talking. Not quiet morning plane-level talking. REAL talking. I would fully wake up just as I finish the sentence/question and look around and wonder why the people I was talking to are no longer there.
Oops.
My son kept nudging me and telling me to knock it off. Plane travel makes me sleepy!!!

Brooke said...

Sounds like a crazy trip! I'm glad you ladies were able to make it a good one, despite ankle rolling, throw up and the cold!! There's nothing like San Francisco :)

*Just Jen* said...

I'm glad you're BACKKKKK! Even though, I talked to you while you were GONE! ;) Your pics are awesome! Can't wait to hear more!

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a pretty good time despite the freezing weather.
can't wait to read more.
i drooled over your pics all week though.

GreenJello said...

Glad you're home safe! Nope, you didn't miss anything weather-wise here. Brrr!

Jaime said...

welcome back! i can't believe you got sick from eating a salad. hope you're feeling better

Frogs in my formula said...

Sounds like an eventful trip. I love your banner--those lights are so, so pretty.

Captain Dumbass said...

Sexy glasses.

Ms. Salti said...

Kaylen - Now that you tell me that, I'm wondering if I did end up moaning for the whole 45 minutes I was asleep!

Brooke - Next time you should meet us in SF!

Jen - I will chronicle the trip ASAP!

KL - Next time I'm taking a parka with me.

GJ - Thanks! I think it was much warmner in SLC!

Jaime - Yeah, the rest of the meal was really good. Oh well... good stories, I guess.

Frogs - Thanks... that's in the Wynn Casino in Las Vegas.

Captain - Thank you!

Keely said...

I used to fall asleep in class all the time. I mutter and drool. No wonder I never had any friends.

Auri said...

Can't wait to see the rest of your pics and hear more fun stories! So funny that I've gone longer without seeing you but knowing that you were out of the state... I miss you more;) xoxo btw... have a few new blogs I'm in love with!!