Why is it that when my computer is on I'd rather blog than do anything else? It's not like I have anything specific or fabulous to talk about. I just want to ramble on and for my friends to read it.
I've seriously been on the verge of tears since Monday... and it sucks. The flood gates finally opened last night when my mom asked me what was wrong. What? Did the perma-scowl on my face give away my mood? I had noooo idea how stressful and discouraging the home buying process is. It's not exactly what I'd call fun. I'm freaking the hell out and don't know how I'm going to make this work out.
That is, how I'm going to make the money work. I guess I should clarify. I'm beyond excited to finally move out of my parents' house and into a place of my own. And even more excited that I'll own that place and not rent it from someone else. I'm just scared shitless of the financial aspect of the whole thing. I don't know if I can make it work. I guess we'll find out.
I met with the lender and my realtor today. They're both awesome and very helpful. The lender explained a lot to me about how the whole thing works and the realtor is just a sweetheart. We're going to look at places on Saturday morning. I'm excited to see what's out there and if the things that are in my price range are going to be a reality for me. I'll let you know how it goes. The picture below is pretty typical of the places I'll be looking at. I'm excited but afraid. Cautiously optimistic, I guess. 
























































7 comments:
This is freaking adorable! Do they have fenced in yards for my pooch? We could be neighbors... just a thought and I hear you on the whole process. Welcome to the water works. I have been the same way all week and i decided to explode before class last night... Mucho love!
This house is super cute! I hope it all works out for you and a sweet place like this is right in your range!!! Positive thoughts coming your way!
Nice...I love it!! We built a house 3 years ago and I about lost my everloving mind!
Because blogging is easier to do than anything else that is stressful. That house is so cute!!
blogging creates a total obession that i don't quite understand. kinda like twilight.
good luck with the hunt. *hugs*
I think you will be fine. I too am looking for my first house/apartment to rent and I have been putting it off too long so now I have about 2 weeks to find one. I am freaked to about the financial shit so I can see where you are coming from. I am sure you can handle it!
***virtual hugs*** (cause of the verge of tears thing and cause I never get to see you) and... that looks a lot like my place. Living is CHEAP out in my 'hood. Think about it... (unless you never want to have your family/friends visit you - EVER!)
Post a Comment