Since I was gone last Thursday I didn't get a chance to watch the first episode of SYTYCD (So You Think You Can Dance - for those of you not in the know) so I TiVo'd it, naturally. I haven't had a chance to watch last week's episode since I got back, so I invited Auri and Wikiball over last night to watch it (and last night's episode).
The first episode was awesome. We all decided we LURVE the new judge Sonya Tayeh (and with a last name like that, I'm thinking she's one of my people). She is AMAZING!!! She is truly genuine and full of nothing but constructive criticism. And she's gorgeous, minus the funky hairdo.
The dancers who were actually good were such a joy to watch. I think the three of us had enough goose bumps to last the rest of our lives! Toward the end of the show last night there were two girls who each danced a contemporary piece to the same song. It sounded familiar to me but I couldn't quite place it so I got on the message boards and found out. It's called Wintersong by Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson. The video is below. The sound quality isn't great, but it's a beautiful song and a fun video.
And this video is of Natalie... if you remember from last season the last two girls were down to her and her roommate, Katie. Katie moved on to the top 20 and Natalie didn't. I think we'll be seeing a lot more of her this year.... and Sonya is one of the judges! Check 'em out! (And nevermind the little blurbs that pop up - some dorkus put them on there.)
The first episode was awesome. We all decided we LURVE the new judge Sonya Tayeh (and with a last name like that, I'm thinking she's one of my people). She is AMAZING!!! She is truly genuine and full of nothing but constructive criticism. And she's gorgeous, minus the funky hairdo.
The dancers who were actually good were such a joy to watch. I think the three of us had enough goose bumps to last the rest of our lives! Toward the end of the show last night there were two girls who each danced a contemporary piece to the same song. It sounded familiar to me but I couldn't quite place it so I got on the message boards and found out. It's called Wintersong by Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson. The video is below. The sound quality isn't great, but it's a beautiful song and a fun video.
And this video is of Natalie... if you remember from last season the last two girls were down to her and her roommate, Katie. Katie moved on to the top 20 and Natalie didn't. I think we'll be seeing a lot more of her this year.... and Sonya is one of the judges! Check 'em out! (And nevermind the little blurbs that pop up - some dorkus put them on there.)
























































4 comments:
I am 100% with you!!! I adore Sonya Tayeh and Natalie's dance was wonderful. I am so excited to have SYTYCD back, and thrilled that they will now be doing 2 seasons per year, with the next season starting in November!!!
LOVE this show much to hubby's horror. we haven't seen sex's sexy dancing yet this season - think he'll be on tonight's episode? or is he FINALLY too old to compete?
I LURVE LURVE LURVE this show too! I've been having a ball watching the try-outs. In the previews, it looks like we'll get ANOTHER rendition of 'Sex's' dancing. (groans, when will the man learn? and don't get me started on his way the hell out there mother)
Looking forward to tonights try-outs!!!
I missed Thursdays episode. There was some drama with my date that never happened!
Post a Comment