Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I've Lost Faith

I've had a few things happen in my life recently that have caused me to lose faith in humanity. Well, maybe not all of humanity, but at the very least, the few people out there who claim to be part of humanity and really have no right to that claim. Once again, I am floored by the actions of some individuals, and then I stop and think, No, I really shouldn't be surprised. It should not surprise me that there are people in this world who are nothing but hateful, insidious individuals who claim to be human beings. It should not surprise me that such malicious words could come out of the mouth of a person who, at one time, claimed to be my friend. It should not surprise me that an individual would act with such malevolence toward another person. But, for some strange reason, I continue to be appalled by the actions of those around me. When am I going to pull my head out and realize that there are very few good people in the world? I will say that I do feel very fortunate that I have some wonderful people around me. And, as for the rest of the world, it's going to take a hell of a lot for anyone else to become part of my life.

A line from one of my favorite songs... "How we survive, is what makes us who we are." - Rise Against

And P.S. the martini has nothing to do with the blog, but I deleted the post it was originally on, so I had to add it somewhere else.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm sounds like you are having a hard time - so sorry to hear that!
Don't let that vindictive nasty person take away your humanity!

I have found that if you block a person/s from your thoughts/ life and act/believe they do not exist they have no power to hurt you.

I had to cut someone completely out of my life a few years ago due to their viciousness. Even now when I allow myself to think of their words and actions I am still gobsmacked. However, in my experience it tends to be a power thing and if you take away their power to hurt, they become non-existent (that’s the aim anyway).

Be strong :)

Mrs. Realife said...

My guess is those malicious words came from someone in anger -- I always like to remember "The flip side of anger is pain" -- Likely... that person is in pain and they found you to be their outlet (not fun) --

BUT -- I also don't believe in keeping negativity around me, so... I may see 'why' they are the way they are... but I must move on if it's effecting me badly --

It will all fall into place... I believe that :)