Thursday, November 13, 2008

I Love Meetings, Yes I Do!

I have sat in approximately 900 meetings this week. Well, ok, maybe not 900 meetings, but at the very least, 900 minutes worth of meetings. Let's see... 900 mins/60 mins= 15 hours, so.... Monday we had a meeting from 10 AM to 12:30 PM; Tuesday we had a meeting from 1-2 PM; yesterday we went from 1 PM to 6 PM and today we've been going since 1:30. Officially, that's about 13 hours. So I overshot my estimate by 120 minutes... not bad, considering I pulled that number out of my ass. In any case, I AM DONE WITH EFFING MEETINGS THIS WEEK. I don't know how much more I can take before I commit myself to the psych ward. And why is it, that the word "effing" makes me just as happy as saying the actual word? Maybe because I know I'm being naughty, but in an innocent way. Hmmm... who knows? See what happens to me after this many hours of meetings? I start to crack. Maybe I should start smoking crack. At least that way I'd have the energy to get through the days. Good lord, I don't know I'm going to make it through May when these day-long meetings finally end! I may have to take up drinking as a daily after-work hobby. I'd be good at it, although it would get expensive, so I'm back to not having a solution.... any advice?

0 comments: