Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Tea Anyone?

It has become a semi-tradition to go to have Tea at around Christmas. This year my mom, my aunt Carrie, Janice, Aurelia and myself went to Tea at the Grand America. Noelle was supposed to join us but she had only been out of the hospital for two days at that point. Damnit! We missed her!

It's always a lot of fun to get dressed up and go to the swankiest hotel in town for tea. It kind of makes one feel regal and posh in a non-snooty sort of way. If you've never been, you should try it sometime. I know tea is a daily thing in the UK, but not here in the States... unfortunately!
We had an absolutely fabulous time. They served us little tea sandwiches, a scone with lemon curd and strawberry jelly, along with an array of mini desserts to try. I could have skipped the desserts altogether and just had more sandwiches, but oh well. Next time I'll make sure to eat lunch before I go... that way I won't be hungry when I leave.
I know this looks strange, but it's one of those flowering tea thingies. I can't remember what it's called, and sadly, this is the only decent picture my camera got... but it looks cool anyway!
My aunt Carrie was really sweet and brought everyone presents. I can't remember what everyone else got, but she gave me a really cute 3-ring recipe book with blank cards inside. There are plastic pages inside that each old four cards and I can't wait to start adding some fabulous recipes to it!
I can't wait to do tea again, and hopefully sometime soon. If anyone wants to go, just give me a holler. Maybe we can go explore some of the other places in the city that do tea?! Anyone? Call me!

2 comments:

Noelle said...

Hello, Elizabeth's where I went for tea last weekend! We need to go. In fact, what are you doing tomorrow?

Auri said...

It was lots of fun... Protea in Gardner Village does a really cute tea... I've been wanting to go for so long now... I think the tea garden also does something similar...