So I made an update to the post that went up yesterday morning saying I'd gotten an email from The Douche Lord late yesterday afternoon. Here is what has transpired since then... I'm done. I'm over it.
Him: Did I miss something? My cell phone is down until Thursday I sent you a message with my work cell and never heard from you. If you don't want to talk to me anymore just let me know please.
Me: Are you serious? I never got your message. I thought you didn't want to talk to me anymore...
Him: Very serious. My phone has been off since last thursday and I sent a message to people on here that didn't have my work cell and you were the only one I didn't hear from. :(
Me: blah blah blah (that's not what I said, but it's irrelevant)
Him: Well I sent that message late afternoon Thursday didn't hear from ya, no big deal. Didn't hear from you at all didn't know if I should take that as a hint or what.
There were a few emails in here where he gave me his work number, I told him I'd call him when I got in the car, he said to wait and he'd call me later. He sent one later saying he was putting his kids to bed and I was expecting him to call me after that. No call. Big surprise.
Me: I'm guessing you fell asleep or something. You can call me in the morning if you want, or just email me or whatever. I just want you to know that I really do like you and I think we have, or at least had, a pretty good connection. If you're still interested, I think we need to talk about a few things to clear the air.
Talk to you soon,
Erica
Him: The phone thing pissed me off T-mobile are a bunch of dicks. I have never been late before. I don't know, I sent you that message and I didn't hear anything from you thru any sort of media, email,facebook etc.. I do like you too but the last few days I have really been coming to the conclusion I really don't want to date anyone
Me: Like I said before, I didn't get anything from you letting me know your phone wasn't working, and after I sent you those texts on Friday, I took it as a hint. I think there's just been a major break in communication. You seem like you've been pulling away the last few weeks anyway. If you're not interested in seeing me anymore, that's fine, but just let me know. I don't want to play games.
Him: I don't wanna play games either . It has nothing to do with you. Your great and I do like you. I just don't think I'm in a place right now where I want to date. I hope you understand what Iam trying to say.
I haven't responded and don't plan to.
So now, I'm heartbroken one more time after getting my hopes up last night. What a fucker. To top it all off, I got back on to Plenty of Fish to make my profile active again and guess what, he's online! Doesn't want to date anyone right now, huh? Right.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another update: I got another email from him after I posted this. Apparently he's been reading my blog.
Him: "douche lord" for being honest. It was YOU that didn't contact me . Thank You for helping me realize I made a great decision in this instance.
Me: I'm happy you see it that way.
So here's the thing... I feel like he's turning this all around to make me look like the bad guy. I never received any communication from him. I made that painfully clear in more than one email yesterday. I think what happened was that he saw the post, decided to email me and see what was going on, and THEN tell me that he's not interested. I don't get it. I'm so over it!























































15 comments:
I knew it! What a prick. You don't need him.
Oooh, the blogosphere is full of douchey-men-topics today. He sounds like a prime example. You're better off without from the sounds of it!
douche lord indeed. you're better off.
I think you need to read the book "Why men love bitches."
It is suppose to be a good one about standing up for yourself and how not to be a door mat. :)
Love you! :)
Nic - Should have listened to you yesterday and just deleted the email!
P - Thanks for stopping by. And thanks for the encouragement!
Jenni - Total douche lord!
Angie - A colleague also told me to read it. I guess I'll have to put the damn thing on my list.
Screw off, Douche Lord! It's over!
Okay.....here's what I think. First, he makes some excuse about his phone. Then he says he actually came to the conclusion that he didn't want to date anyone. Can you say player! And the rude comment after you blogged? RUDE MUCH! Sorry girlie. You deserve so much better than that. Men are dinks.
Oh and if he doesn't want to date, why the f*$k bother going on dates?! Okay I'm done this time.
Captain - Nicely put.
SB - The thing that really gets me is... don't lie about not wanting to date me. He was online on Plenty of Fish when I logged on there. What a douche.
I'm with Angie... do yourself a favor and read He's Just Not That Into You and Why Men Love Bitches, before you try dating anyone else. The first was the best lesson I've learned, and the second just reinforced why I'm in a good relationship now, and why I should continue being myself. TRUST.
You deserve someone who's calling you, making plans and is INTO YOU. The guy had several excuses and then turned wackadoo after reading your blog to make himself feel better for being douchy. At least he could have said he's just not into you. In that case, there's no reason you would want to be into him either... Now it's REAL DAMN CLEAR that there's no reason to be with a guy like him.
Read those books and tell me what you think. They are so good and HJNTIY is right on! (Why Men Love Bitches had a few things that I disagreed with, but for the most part, I felt it was good).
WTF??? Turning things around just helps him avoid any responsibility and he's hoping you'll feel bad.
You're better than that and you deserve someone who isn't just going to be a reactionary dick.
goodbye to douche lord!
(didn't i ask whether he knew about your blog??? but he deserved to see this in print - and that everyone thinks he's a total ass.)
Men suck! I know, well because I am one! :)
does your city have an "alternative" free weekly magazine/newspaper? just about every large city does...the village voice in NY, the stranger in Seattle, etc. find yours and see if they have a personals section. if they do, then they'll also have a website. all the cool guys on doing the internet thing - that's where they are.
screw the cheese sites with the gimmick names. they're filled with programmers and dudes who like Creed.
You're well rid of him if this is how he behaves!! I know how disappointing it must be to find out he is just another moron... the only decent guy I dated out of well quite a few was Mr B... each and every one of the others was not worth my time.
Keep calm & stay strong. You'll find someone who's worthy of you... never give up.
Saskia xx
PS thank you so much for your kind comment! I'm so glad you enjoyed my post. I'll definitely sneak you in my suitcase next time I go to Holland :)
Post a Comment