I'm a horrible mother. I missed my blog's birthday. It was on the 1st. That's a good reason to celebrate, no? It's also time to celebrate because this is my 500th post! No, I'm not shitting you. I can't believe it, either.
I've only been blogging for 2 years and it seems like forever! In these last two years I have made some amazing friends with people in the blogging community and have learned so much about myself. I want to say THANKS to all my readers... I started this blog as an online journal for myself, and it's turned into so much more for me.
Sorry I haven't posted for a few days, but I've been waiting for the perfect time to post #500. I guess it's kind of fitting that it fall on a Random Tuesday, right!? So, forgive me, I'll be better the rest of this week.
And you wanna know what's really fabulous? I just realized it's Wednesday. I'm such an idiot. That's what happens when I travel in the middle of the week. I got to Alabama yesterday... Tuesday. I usually arrive on Monday. I'm special. You're getting a pseudo-RTT anyway.
The picture above is from The Bayou on Saturday night. I had a major urge to go, so I rounded up all my peeps and we went. Good food, good beer, good friends. What more does a girl need?
This last weekend was so crazy. I came home from Montgomery on Friday and flew through Atlanta. My flight left Alabama at 6:10 AM, which meant I had to leave the hotel at 4, which meant I had to get up at 3:15, which is really like 2:15 at home. Why I didn't just stay up all night, I don't know. Mostly because without at least a nap, I probably would have had a breakdown. Considering the fact that the flight from Atlanta to Salt Lake was the worst flight I've ever been on, I prayed for the better part of an hour, and thought we were going to die, it's good I got a little bit of sleep!
In the meantime, I had a coffee date with Mr. V on Saturday afternoon. I think it went well. We ended up talking for about three hours before I had to leave, so I'm taking that as a good sign. I like him, so we'll see where things go. He has kids and is busy with them, so hopefully we can see each other again soon.
This sign is from Dreamland BBQ in Downtown Montgomery... I thought it was funny!Did y'all know that New Moon comes out on DVD on March 20th!?!?!? And even better, Eclipse comes out on June 30th! I can't wait!
I've been trying to figure out something fabulous to do in celebration of my 500th post and decided I'm doing a giveaway. I mentioned before that I'm reading Eat Pray Love, right? If you don't recall, let me refresh your memory... I am reading Eat Pray Love... and I'm absolutely in awe of this book. It's amazing. It's exactly what I'm needing in my life right now and I love it. If y'all don't hear from me for a while it's because I've dropped everything and moved to Rome.
Anyway, I'm going to give away a copy of Eat Pray Love to one of my readers this week. Here are the ways you can get entries for the drawing:
Leave a comment on this post - 1 entry
If you don't already follow me, start following me as of today - 1 entry
Post about the giveaway on your blog (leave me a note so that I know you posted just in case I don't see it) - 1 entry
Tweet about the giveaway (and let me know) - 1 entry
Post a link on Facebook (and let me know) - 1 entry
I will do something fun in order to pick a winner at the end of the week (e.g., pick the winner out of a hat, use the randomizer thingy y'all have used before, or something else) and I'll vlog it or something so as to entertain you.
Hope you all have a fabulous rest of the week and I'll talk to you soon!
Last 5 songs on the ole iPod:
Foundations - Kate Nash
Shake It - Metro Station
Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon
Come On Get Higher - Matt Nathanson
Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas

P.S. I'll also make some mixed cds (as was suggested by a friend) with my favorite songs on them and send them to the first five people who are interested... just leave a comment telling me you want one!























































21 comments:
When the Cathedral was renovated they probably put in stronger beams for times like Sunday, you know, when we decide to go to church. :) It was a great experience and I'm looking forward to another one on Sunday. Hope all is well in Alabama. Can't wait to fall asleep on your couch while you're home the next few weeks.
Church will be fun! Get your singing voice ready... Do I really need to ask for a CD? I am still waiting to download our Vegas mix... I miss you and congrats on the 500th post my most wonderful Beastessness BFF!
As I've thought about the comment I posted I realized what I said about sleeping on your couch could be easily misconstrued. For those who don't get it, it's meant to be sarcastic. There's a joke behind it so if your mind was in the gutter it's time to get it out.
Oh yeah, congrats on the 500th post.
Noelle, I'm not singing. Those around us will appreciate it. Promise!
Jess - I think they did because the church very well could have crashed in on top of us. You sleeping on my couch is always welcome.
Noelle - How can I sing when I don't know the songs. (Don't tell me to read the music...) And, thank you, Petal.
Jess - I think only you easily misconstrued your own comment.
Deep fried pickles are the best!! Who is Mr.V?!?! Oh add me into the draw to win! I'll blog about it tomorrow when I am not too lazy.
2 years and 500 posts! That is an accomplishment!
I think that the no farting sign is a result of the fried pickles! LOL
I love a mix cd! And I like your taste in music.
Fried pickles are da bombbbb! SO good...
And even though I'm leaving a comment, no need to enter me, I already have the book. :)
♥YAY!♥ Congrats on your blog achievement! :) that's a BIG deal!
I was just thinking about that book the other day and was considering reading it so perfect timing!
And girl, if they haven't all been taken, i'd LOVE LOVE LOVE a SaltiMix! :)
xo
And of course I follow. Wouldn't miss it! ♥
Oh nooo, I'm not one of the first 5 commenters. Oh well.
Happy Blogaversary!!!
ooh ooh - happy bloggy-birthday! it was so great seeing you saturday! also - I would love a cd :)
Happy bloggiversary to you! That's such a great giveaway for such an important occasion. And as usual, I love the weekend pics :)
ooh! i didn't realize eclipse came out on june 30th. happy birthday to me :)
have i mentioned i'm completely freaking delirious?
Yeah! Number 500... way to go! Hope you enjoyed the grits this morning. I love them and can't wait for Hotlanta to have them again. Have a safe trip and hurry home!
Congrats on your 500th. And what are grits anyway?
PS. My wife has this book so you don't have to include me.
Congratulations on this milestone!!
What a great giveaway... I've been recommended this book by more than one friend and have yet to purchase it so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!
Please count me in for 2 entries Ms S!
Saskia xx
Great, now I want fried pickles. Dieting is hard.
Also, glad you survived your plane trip. The Hubs had a similar experience going from Sac. to San Diego in this wild weather.
<3's the New Moon update, it's on Netflix just waiting so I can watch it again and again and again.
Congratulations on 500 posts and a belated birthday to your blog as well.
Hey! Congrats on 500 posts, that's quite an achievement! Anyway, I really want that book so here is my entry:
I already follow you, I am leaving a comment on this post, I've tweeted AND facebooked about the contest, and I've also blogged about it (in my post 'Mind the Gap') so I think I've done everything possible to win this motherf*cker! Lol!
Anyway, I hate flying and that flight you wrote about sounds horrifying! I would've had a panic attack or something!
Good luck with Mr V, I hope he turns out to be nicer than the last one!
I don't want the book... I just want you...
I think Jaime and I are in the same boat... sup Jaim
Post a Comment