Well, it's been so long since I've blogged, I came back to find there's an entirely new spread over here on Blogger. So far, I think I like it, but I'll have to play around with it for a bit. I've got to admit, I've been in a bit of a funk, in case my absence led you to think I was off gallavanting around having ridiculous amounts of fun instead of blogging. The silly thing is, I've missed blogging, I just haven't really had the drive to do much of anything the last couple of weeks. I've got to figure out what's wrong with me! Maybe it's my new bedding... it's just so damn comfy that I don't want to get out of bed! It's cute though, huh? And before you ask, yes, it's from IKEA... I've seen it in ads all over the place lately. Well, just to clarify, I had it before the ads came out! (And don't mind the bleached out pillow cases from the benzoyl peroxide I STILL have to use on my face because I STILL have effing acne!)
Moving right along... about the only thing I have been motivated to do lately is craft. So I've been doing a lot of it. I got this cute star at a friend's garage sale a couple of months ago and it was a bit banged up. My friend Wiki suggested to Mod Podge it with scrapbook paper... so I did... and it's cute! The paper wasn't quite long enough, and cutting it out was a pain in the arse, so I'm going to paint the tips, adorn the seams with ribbon, and glue a cute button in the middle. I'll post a picture of it when I'm done!
Next item on the list is my book thongs... I tweeted to a writer friend of mine that I need to give her a book thong to add to her collection of book marks and she asked if she could buy some from me to use in her book giveaways! Um, hells yes! Then Cassi suggested I open an Etsy store and see if anyone would be interested in buying them. So, I did. And now I have an Etsy store! I've only got one on there so far, but I'll have a few more to add by the end of the week. So if you're interested, check back for sure!
This is my baby while he was talking on the phone to me at Cassi's house. I love him so much and I miss him like you wouldn't even know. This long distance thing sucks. Have I mentioned that before? Because it does. And he just got an awesome new job, but that means he'll be moving even further away from me and I just want to cry. Everything will work out, it's just going to be hard in the meantime. Have I mentioned I miss him like crazy?Money has been a bit tight so I've been trying to cook at home and I'm having quite a bit of fun with it. I just wish it wasn't so time consuming. And it's probably only time consuming because I'm an amateur! On the stove there you see two platters of sour cream, chicken, and chive enchiladas and a pan of Spanish Rice (from a box). Dinner was pretty good that night. There are a few changes to the recipe I'll make next time, but it's good stuff! I also did Peach Whiskey BBQ chicken along with Garlic Smashed Potatoes earlier in the week. That went over very well! For dessert I tried Salted Caramel covered Brownies. One batch of brownies and three batches of caramel later, I wasn't happy with the outcome. I tried it all out again 2 days later and perfected it! If you're nice, I'll link you to the recipe!
This is my current drain of time an energy during the day. My brother got a new puppy, and I'm the one who gets to take care of her because I happen to work from home during the day. At least she's cute. And she is SUPER CUTE when she's asleep and cuddling with her Sissy. That's my favorite time of day... when they're both asleep and not playing/fighting/running in-and-out of the dam doggie door!
Onto the next craft project... I've been watching copious amounts of Cupcake Wars on the Food Network lately and am intrigued by all the contestants cute aprons! Naturally, I decided I need to make one of my own, so I bought the fabric, found a pattern, and employed my frined Wikiball to help me out (and I begged her to let me use her sewing machine)! The Apron will be in red with white polk-a-dots (as seen above) and then it'll have two pockets made out of the black swirly material on the left below. Cute huh? I'm so excited to get the whole thing done! After that, I'm going to start on a half apron with the fabric below on the right. I'm in love with it! I really need to get a sewing machine. I feel bad having to use someone else's for all these projects I want to do! I'll be taking donations...
Naturally, when I get done, I'll blog about how fabulous a seamstress I am and show off my wears. Until then, y'all will have to wait and get the pics of the raw materials. I've got one more project in the hopper, and I'll hopefully get that done in the next few days so I can show it to you as well.
I hope y'all are doing well... I'm having a little procedure in the afternoon and am a bit nervous for it, so wish me luck! Maybe blogging while on Valium will be interesting... I can give it a try, but I promise nothing! Talk to you soon!
Ciao!
































































3 comments:
Really enjoyed your post. :) I can't wait to see the aprons when they are finished!
You are so cute! Let's do a review/giveaway on my blog for your book thongs? Whadya say??
What is this about begging me? That never happened. :) I feel bad that we haven't been able to get this done. Who knew an apron was such a project?
Post a Comment