Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Life On The Road... Again.. some RTT... and HAPPY 84th BIRTHDAY TO MY NANA!!!

Well, it's Tuesday, but I don't really have time to link up with the RTT, but a quick post is in order!

So, I'm back on the road again.  Literally.  My new assignment requires me to fly to St. Louis and then drive 2 hours to Jefferson City.  I've never really had to drive much on a project, so this is all new to me.  I made my first trip yesterday and other than having to get up at the ass crack of dawn for a 6 AM flight, it went pretty well.  The drive wasn't too bad...and actually kind of pretty!

I got a call from my brother today.  The puppies pulled a Houdini and got out of their kennel and had the run of the house for a few hours.  I guess he opened the door and Milli was standing there covered in glitter and feathers.  Apparently she got ahold of the fairy wings I used on Halloween last year that she's been eyeing in the office the last few weeks.  I guess she finally got her way and tore them to shreds! I really think she just wanted to try them on!  Oh well, I think they were $5... not a big deal.  I soooo wish he would have gotten a picture of her (that is NOT Milli in the pic)!

It's amazing how much I miss the dogs.  I've been home with them for 2 months.  Every day.  And now I'm puppy-less for a few days. I wish I could travel with a dog.  Oh well.
I am sooo in need of getting my nails done.  They're seriously fugly right now. 

Jefferson City, Missouri, is proving to be a pretty cute little town.  It reminds me sooo much of Montgomery, Alabama, and I like it!  It's a decent size town with a smaller town feel.  I think I could get used to living in a city like this. (Not that I have any intention of moving here!)

Things with the new project are going well and off to a great start.  I'm so excited for this project.  I told my Project Manager today that the last 24 hours has been such a breath of fresh air!
Today is my Nana's birthday... her first birthday without my grandpa... and I wish I could have been there to take her to lunch with my mom and aunt today.  But I called and we chatted and she seems to be doing ok.  She took her first Tai Chi class today and absolutely loved it.  I'm glad she's getting out and starting to establish a routine for herself.  It makes me sad to think she has to do things as a widow now.  But she's strong and will get through it.  She looks elated in that picture!

On a related note, my Nana's sister, my Aunt Elaine is in the hospital right now.  She had to have fluid drained from her heart and they think she has some kind of bone cancer (I'm getting 3rd hand info, so that may not be totally accurate).  Please say a little prayer for her.  She's a very sweet woman and I adore her.

Now I'm getting all emotional.  That means it's time to go.  I do have something very fun and exciting to tell you about though, but I think I'll save that for tomorrow!  I try to keep you wanting more!

Hope y'all are having a great week!

3 comments:

VEG said...

You utter TEASE! :)

Sorry about Aunt Elaine, that's so sad. Ugh. It would be nice to have just one year where nothing sad happened to anyone. No?

Big Mama Cass said...

Fun and exciting?!? How come I don't know about this?!?!?

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your Aunt!

I can't wait to hear the fun and exciting news!!

I wish I could travel and come and see you. I've never been to Missouri.