Every Monday rolls around and I really want to regale you with tales of excitement and naughtiness and loads of fun from the weekend. Sadly, the last few of my weekends have been less than eventful.
The girls and I had planned to go out dancing Friday night but that didn't end up happening. Instead, I spent the majority of the evening in my office at home chillin' with Baby NeNe (who is NOT a baby eater, contrary to popular belief). She curled up and napped on the couch while I enjoyed my new desk and comfy chair. The office is still a mess, but at least it's functional! I'm really going to love it when I get it finished.
The girls and I had planned to go out dancing Friday night but that didn't end up happening. Instead, I spent the majority of the evening in my office at home chillin' with Baby NeNe (who is NOT a baby eater, contrary to popular belief). She curled up and napped on the couch while I enjoyed my new desk and comfy chair. The office is still a mess, but at least it's functional! I'm really going to love it when I get it finished.Sidenote: Overheard, while on the phone with Cassi earlier that afternoon: Oh my GAWD! Did you just get poop all over your room? Oh my God! I've gotta call you back. Hold that thought!" Click.
The rest of the evening was spent crying with Noelle and having a very late dinner with her and Wiki. It's all a long and very complicated story and I'm gonna check with her before I share it all with y'all.
On Saturday I got up at the ass-crack of dawn (ok, it was 10 AM or so and that's too early for me) and joined a group of friends for a private yoga class. I haven't done yoga in years and it felt so good to get back to it. Our teacher's name is Angela and she's my friend Lisa's personal trainer. What an awesome woman she is! I can't wait to go back for more classes... Lisa, get on it!After yoga we all went for lunch where my new friend Paula, after discussing blogs with Lisa, blurted out, "Oh my God! You're Salti?!" She told me her hubby reads this here ole blog and I started cracking up. So hey to all my lurkers out there... I don't know who you are, but I hope you keep coming back. Drop me a line sometime! By the way, best line heard at lunch? "I gotta go home and drain my jugs."
Saturday night Auri invited me over for dinner and some HLP time. She made her fantabulous white/parmesean sauce over tortellini and I was in Heaven! By far, her best white sauce to date. In fact, if I could have some for lunch tomorrow I might just be the happiest girl in the world! Her hubs got home and we put in the movie Che, played by Benecio Del Toro and it was really good. If you're looking for a movie in that genre it's a definite go!
By the time I rolled my ass out of bed on Sunday, half the day was gone, but I still managed to get quite a bit accomplished. Cleaned, did laundry, ran a couple of errands, and went to dinner at the parentals' house. Wiki and I grabbed some "hard" ice cream and she watched TV with NeNe while I packed my suitcase... which I might add, is new (well, not entirely, I stole it from my parents... and that's even kind of a lie because they said I could use it), because the asshat cab driver broke the handle on my Kenneth Cole suitcase that I lurve while taking it out of the van last week! Rude! I'm now using the Utah Jazz Ogio bag they got from Toyota and I don't think I'll be returning it... it's pretty fab.That brings us to Monday... back to the OKC... and I couldn't be happier (read: lie). Today is MLK day, but unfortunately, I didn't get the day off. I should have, however, scheduled myself on the afternoon instead of the morning flight. There was no reason for me to be here as early as I was. Oh well. It's over and done.
I leave you with a laugh....
And a thought...."Last week we saw a white Catholic male Republican judge murdered on his way to greet a Democratic Jewish woman member of Congress, who was his friend. Her life was saved initially by a 20-year-old Mexican-American gay college student, and eventually by a Korean American combat surgeon, and this all was eulogized by our African American President." ~ Mark Shields, PBS
























































3 comments:
That's a great quote from Mark Shields.
You think 10 is early? Try getting up at 5:30am! Three days in a row. Gross.
Your dog looks like the size of a pony!
I? Am very jealous of your life. I was neck deep in a certain one year old's birthday party on Saturday. Like, the entire day. Despite the fact that the party was only 2 hours long.
Oh, and? One year old's party their little tails off, because come Saturday, I could hardly move. The hubs and I were completely exhausted, and she? Was twice as hyper as she normally is.
Can you come watch her for one weekend and let me come hang with your friends? Preferably on a weekend when they're doing yoga, cause momma needs a little quiet time!
Post a Comment