Monday, November 15, 2010

What'd YOU Do This Weekend?

Last weekend was so freaking busy! I got into town on Thursday afternoon, went home, took a nap, did some laundry, and watched some TV. I was pooped so I went to bed at a decent hour, I think. This is a picture (again) of the mirror for my bedroom... I need help deciding which wall to put it up on. Suggestions are welcome!

This is the cute door hanger I got for the front door. It's absolutely adorable... but the only problem is, it covers up the peephole on my door. Oh well, I'll just sic NeNe on those I don't know who dare knock on my door!On Friday night we ventured out to Red Rock Brewing Company to meet up with a big group of friends. Ethan was in town (and on break from fighting fires in NYC) and we wanted to get together and have a good time. That's Ethan, Kasian and Jen above.This was their version of "The Blue Movie." Those two were playing with the wheat on the table and decided to re-enact the scene from Avatar where the guy and girl plug their braids into each other's or their horse's, or whatever's?!

Brittany and I having a Kodak moment
Noelle and Ethan
Lisa, Odum and Noelle

Dinner at Red Rock was great as usual. The food and the beer is always top notchl, and the company was fantastic. The server was totally cute as well. I kinda wanted to take him home!
Ethan and Kasian at Habits

After dinner we ran over to Habits to get our drink on and shake our bootays out on the dance floor. Too bad the crowd wasn't nearly as entertaining as last time!
Derek and Lisa at Habits
Toni and Jen gettin' their drink on! Getcha Getcha drank on!
Aww, loves from Ethan! Is there anything better?
On Saturday I ran errands with my Mum and ended up back at Home Goods where I returned the paiting I had for my bathroom and some pillow cases. In return I got this loverly clock for the kitchen for $30.I put it up in place of the other one that the Bro bitched about. I bought this one because it didn't have a second hand. Well, guess what? It still ticks (my bad), but if he takes it down or takes out the battery, I'll beat him. And yes, that's my little brother, doing little brother things like jumping in front of the camera while I'm taking a picture. The set of 3 12x12 canvas paintings I got last week finally got hung up Saturday night. They're perfectly straight and look good, but I think I need to bring them down about 6 inches or so. What do you think? Here is the final after-shot of the family room with the new and improved carpet and nicely concealed couch! It looks amazing! I love it! Much warmer and more inviting. Now if I could find a cool lamp to replace the one on the table, we'll be set. Oh, and some shelves for behind the big loungey chair. Then I'll be done!
This is the little tidbit I found at Home Goods while looking for art for the bathroom. It just popped out and said, "Take me home!" So I did. And I'm going to hang it up in my boudoir. I had every intention of doing that last night but didn't get around to it. I was wiped out! I'll come back with pics of that and the new pics in the bathroom hung up and ready to go!

Hope y'all had a productive weekend as well!

2 comments:

Tracie said...

Everything looks great. But here is my opinion anyway: Yes, the canvas tiles need to come down, they should be at eye level and the door sign is great...maybe you can take off the wire and put ribbon on it instead to make it hang down a bit longer... just a thought. Also, I had something like that on my door and I hated it banging against the door all the time so I put those felt chair slider thingys on the back... ya know what I mean? The little round sticky felt pieces that you put on the bottom of your chairs so they don't scratch your floor? anyway, it worked great. LOVE the art, I may need something similar :)

Andhari said...

That looks fun :) I need a weekend to come ASAP :)