Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Random Tuesdayness - Who Needs Grout?

randomtuesdayI haven't done an RTT in a damn long time and figure now is as good a week as any to get back on the wagon!

Congratulations to Captain Dumbass and Supreme Leader on the arrival of baby #3! I'm so happy for you guys!
I started the backsplash project in my kitchen a week ago Saturday. My friend Lisa has installed a couple of backsplashes in the past and offered to help. Noelle and Jessica came over to help, too! The tile went up and then we waited until Monday night to grout. The down side was the grout set in the bucket before we finished... so there went $50 down the toilet! Know if you use epoxy instead of the traditional kind of grout, it sets/dries very quickly and you have to move fast! I ended up having to buy more and finished the project by myself on Thursday night. It was a bigger project than I anticipated... and I couldn't be happier that it's done! Y'all may have noticed that I changed the background on my blog again. I found a cute new site that has blogger backgrounds... it's called Hot Bliggity Blog. You can link to it on the top left hand corner of my page. Tons of cute stuff!
Auri, the kids and I went to my pool today. It was the first time I've been to the pool in my complex and it's pretty cute! It was a little busy, but we had a good time. I can't wait to go back when there aren't kids all over the place! By the way, that's Taryn's new swimsuit. I couldn't resist... I had to buy it for her!After the pool we came back to my house and made dinner. Chicken Caesar Pasta salad with brownies and ice cream for dessert. Yummo! You're impressed that I cooked, huh? Well, Auri did most of the preparation. I just cooked the pasta and chicken. It was really good though... one of my favorite dishes! It's a recipe I've been making for close to 10 years now. Holler if you want it, it's super easy to make!On the home improvement front there are a few more things I want to finish in the kitchen... under-cabinet lights and handles for the cabinets and drawers, then the kitchen will be done! The family room is about halfway done... but I need money to finish it... something I'm low on as of late. I did manage to hang my picture though. I think it looks pretty good! As for the dining area, I need some inspiration... any ideas?

My cute friend Anne from Indefinitely Definite was in town for a baby shower over the weekend and I'm totally bummed that we couldn't get together! Oh well, I guess I'll just have to go visit her.

The Joss Stone concert is this Friday up at Red Butte Gardens and I can't wait! Woo Hoo! She is so amazing in concert. I'll bring back pics and a full recap of the evening!

Speaking of visits... I'm going to visit Big Mama Cass over the summer... or maybe I should wait until the fall when the humidity won't be so overwhelming. I could die. Just sayin'!

I can't wait to go back to Huntington Beach! I didn't get nearly enough time there and I need at least another week or two at the beach. I really don't think it's too much to ask!

Alright, well, this is probably enough babbling from me. Gonna go take care of some laundry and attempt going to bed early. We'll see how that goes! Hope you all had a great Tuesday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The backsplash looks great!

Big Mama Cass said...

Your backsplash looks awesome!! You are going to think my house is LAME.

And btw, now I have it in print so you HAVE to come out! WOOHOO!

Dude, where did you get that picture?!?! It's AWESOME!!!

Love the new background! Uber cuteness!!

Keely said...

LOVE that pic!