I mentioned in one of my posts last week that I went out on a date with a new guy. I didn't go into detail about it or bother to mention that we had a second date planned because I didn't want to jinx it. Now you're going to get the story because I need to get it off my chest and move on.
I saw this on FB the other day on my friend Brooke's profile and it really spoke to me. I'm trying to remember these things right now.
Just so you know, I'm getting really sick and tired of writing about how many jackasses I meet!
So the first date was the day before VDay. We went to dinner and then to a movie and had a really great time. Or at least I thought we did. During the next few days I asked if he wanted to get together in the coming week and he said yes. I offered to cook dinner at my house and suggested we could watch a movie. He said Thursday night worked best for him and I called him on Wednesday night to confirm.
I cleaned the house, got dinner ready, then sat here and cried for the rest of the night after he didn't show up.
After having so many bad dating experiences, it's hard not to wonder what's wrong with me. Everyone tells me how wonderful I am, but it's hard to see that when I'm treated the way I am by all these assholes!
A message to him:
You didn't show up for dinner... seriously? That was probably the worst anyone has made me feel in a really long time. You don't even have the decency to call and say you're not coming, you're not intersted, this isn't going anywhere?
You just decided to ditch me and then cut off all communication out of the blue? I don't understand how we went from communicating every day for almost two weeks to you just flat out standing me up and disappearing.
At first I thought something might have happened and I'd get a call or a text in the next day. Nothing. And now I see that your profile picture has changed on the dating site so I know something horrible didn't happen to you, you're just a giant douche bag with no fucking manners.
Grow some fucking balls. Have the gumption to tell me you're not interested. Don't lead me on. Don't give me false hope. Don't tell me I'm beautiful and then make me feel like a piece of shit. The least you could have done was give me an answer as to why. I think I deserve at least that much.
Why do I feel like I'm constantly writing letters to men who are assholes? Why do I get treated so horribly by guys? I honestly don't understand it. It hurts. It makes me question myself. It makes me question humanity in general.
Auri gave me some good advice after crying my eyes out to her the other night... other peoples' negative behavior has nothing to do withme or who I am, but everything to do with their general lack of decency and/or manners. Putting the situation into perspective that way helped a lot.
I find myself not wanting to tell anyone (best friends, mom, etc.) about any new guys I meet or any dates I may go on because they all end so badly. Getting stood up the other night made me feel like the biggest fucking cliche. The stupid girl who falsely gets her hopes up only to be crushed by the guy who she thought was interested. If I don't tell anyone about it initially, then I don't have to tell them that it didn't work out and save myself the pity party.
Anyway, I think I'm done bitching. There's probably more I wanted to say but can't remember it. If you've made it this far, thanks for reading. I could use a little advice right now!























































13 comments:
Phht! Been there, done that, and ended in worse ways! You will persevere. Maybe stop looking and you will find the one? Worked for me. I as all prepared for being the crazy old cat lady.
Good luck hun, we loves ya!
You and I have the same luck with men and both feel and react the same way when it doesn't work out! It sucks that we let men make us feel this way and I'm with you on the not telling anyone about the men you date because you feel like an idiot later when you tell them its over. I am so sick of the low life, unmannered jerks out there! However, when the good ones come my way, I push them away. There will be someone for you and someone for me. They will find us and they will deserve us! Love you!
I am so sorry!! I dated a guy when I was younger and I refused to sleep with him. He never called me again, but at least I had my dignity and it was his loss.
Hugs.
OMG, my word verify thing is ating.
Add a d or an h for this post!
Have you read "the book" yet? Not saying this is the "cure all" but it will give you perspective...
I'm sorry this happened to you!. Dumb butt! I bet you made a delicious dish too!
We'll need to discuss this more over Mama's Sack Lunch...hopefully it will be sooner than later!
First of all, he DOES with the DB award!
Not impressed. You were justified in being upset no doubt.
I know that you are an amazing, beautiful, motivated, kind, friendly woman with SO much to offer someone.
They're all the fools for missing out.
big ♥ to you today
Yes, he is a douche bag! But, I agree with Auri. It's not you, it's them. Since I am married, this doesn't happen with dates anymore, but friends....my point....there are a lot of people out there with out manners. I feel sorry for them.
Move on. Mr. Right is out there. You are wonderful! Put out that positive wonderfulness and he will come.
Love ya! We are due for a girls night soon!
I almost have to laugh, he's so lame. I couldn't agree with Auri more. It has NOTHING to do with you and EVERYTHING to do with him. EVERYTHING.
Jen - Thanks... I feel like no one is looking, so I've gotta be proactive about it.
SB - Dating is just stupid. I hate that someone else has that effect on my emotions! Love you too!
Kristi - Nice word verification! I don't think I'll ever understand men's thinking... they're dumb.
Carmen - No, but I have it and I'll be starting it soon. I still don't know when we're going back...
Miss Anne - Thank you. He does suck. I really appreciate all your support!
Lisa - Do moms just not teach their children manners anymore? Were manners something that died in the '60s?
Ali - It amazes me how lame he actually is!
This guy? Oh this guy was seriously trashed on Twitter. He will pay. I have resources and stealthy moves and a truck...you know, just in case we want to bring others.
If I didn't live in another country and all I'd be happy to come kick his ass for you.
Auri is right, it's unfortunate that great girls like you get hurt because of the lack of decency in some men. It does get frustrating waiting for that one guy who will realize how amazing you are, but it will happen. Live your life for you right now because faster than you know it you'll be busy with a family. It's his loss...completely.
What a dick!
Okay, but seriously, I love that you were feeling that picture from my fb... It had an impact on me too :)
You don't deserve to be stood up... you deserve only the best treatment. I think you need to make these men (and only the ones that act like men) work harder to earn your trust and your dinner!
that was beyond low. and your message to him was so spot on, it almost me me throw a fist in the hair with a "hell yeah"...but i somehow restrained myself. somehow.
it's too bad the dating site doesn't allow you to tag people as "douche" for the others to see.
Post a Comment