Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Feelin' Crafty

I've been feeling quite crafty lately. I'm not sure what's brought it on, but I'm gonna go with it. A week and a half ago as I was reading through Kelly's blog, I saw a picture of a Tutu she had made. She posted the instructions with it, so I thought, that looks fun, and easy enough, and I'm gonna make one for Taryn. And since she's been so "girly" lately, I'm sure she'll love it! Noelle and I went to the craft store that night, and what did I walk out with? Not just ribbon and tulle to make the tutu, but about $80 additional dollars worth of fleece to make blankies - because no one I know has enough - least of all, moi. I made one for my dad that weekend, and I just finished one for Taryn on Sunday. The picture on the left is of her blankie. (Sorry the picture sucks, but I took it with my phone.) And the cutest part? I got enough fleece to make myself a matching one! Presh, I know...

This past Monday I finally attended my first Stampin' Up Hostess Club night. I was supposed to go last month but had pneumonia. The two months before that I was broke. So, Monday night I made it official and had a ton of fun. I should take pictures of the projects we made... One of the new girls asked if I had a lot of scrapbooking/stampin supplies and if I used any of it regularly. I told her I have a ton of stuff and I NEVER use it. She asked me what I was buying more for... I figured if I have more of the basics (ink, adhesive, glue, glitter, and the like) I'll be more inclined to get stuff out and use it. Don'tcha think?

So, in addition to making myself a new blankie, and making Taryn a tutu, I'm going to give a shot to making Valentine's Day cards this weekend! Call me Crafty Salti (or something that rhymes with my name... I don't know, just go with it). I know, not really what you think of me when my name pops into your head, but I can be creative occasionally! And if you're nice, I might make you something, too! Tutu, anyone?

**I almost forgot... On Friday night I'm also learning (for the 2nd time) how to crochet. The word "special" comes to mind when I think back to the first time I tried to crochet...

4 comments:

Jaime said...

i'm impressed. i'm so not a crafty person. we had to take sewing in middle school. yeah... i broke the sewing machine!

A Country Wife said...

ooo pretty... :) look forward to seeing more crafty things CW x

Saskia said...

That blanket's so CUTE!!

Auri said...

She won't go to sleep without her flower blankie now. That would be 3, yes 3, blankies she requires now to go to bed... we're so screwed!! But really... it's so soft and fab... who can blame her??