I went to visit the kids on Saturday evening...when I walked in the door, Aidan and Tristan both asked if I had brought them presents, and I told them no. Tristan went on and on about having been at Nanny's house and that somehow translated into me needing to bring them presents. Then Aidan asked why I didn't bring them anything. I told him I was broke - I had no money and couldn't afford to buy them anything. I asked him if they got me a present and he didn't think it was very funny. About five minutes later I was standing in the kitchen and Aidan came in and handed me a dime. He said, "Here's some money, Tata. Now you can buy me a present."
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























































1 comments:
That's my little Aidan. He just gets busy and resolves the problem. Now you ain't broke no more bitch, go out and buy me a present! :-)
The kids do the same thing to me and Auri is mortified every time they do it. I don't care anymore - I either got pressies or i don't and they ain't gonna guilt me into going out and getting some if I show up empty-handed.
I'm wondering if they're beginning to see all of us peripheral people in their lives as present trees. I think from now on when they ask for presents I'm going to tell them that I brought each one of them a tickle...
...and Tristan, guess who's first???
One down, two to go. Ask for pressies and you're gonna get tickled. That outta fix that leak in a hurry.
Post a Comment