Wednesday, December 29, 2010

You've Missed the Random, Haven't You?

'Round these parts we've been celebrating the Christmas Season over the last week and I've been pretty busy as a result. This was my tree before the dog decided to unwrap and unpack a few presents on her own. She thought she was being helpful, I suppose.Christmas Eve was spent with my entire family over at my Aunt and Uncle's house as has been the tradition every year since I was born. That's a damn long time! That's my daddy and I. I recieved a ton of gorgeous Christmas cards from my friends and am only too proud to display them on my fridge! (I have to admit, when I saw Alexa's post, I was kind of jealous...but then I went to my mailbox and was pleasantly surprised to find a bundle of my own!) I think my favorite though, is the one I received from Captain Dumbass... it's a self-portrait and I love it.
This is what happened while I was doing dishes today... I broke a wine glass and it sliced my finger open. Auri was nice enough to come over and bandage me up (it's wise to keep a personal nurse on retainer for just these situations)... and make sure I didn't need stitches.

I've been cleaning and doing laundry in preparation for my trip here...
(That's Denver) To see her...
My Cassi!!! I get on a plane tomorrow morning to go to Denver and spend New Year's with Cassi and her family! I'm sooo excited! Watch out, Denver, we're gonna tear things up!
On Monday morning Auri, Taryn and I went to breakfast. While discussing what Santa had brought us, I revealed I got a new desk and chair for my birthday and Christmas presents. Naturally, Auri asked if she could come over and help me put it together. She loves that kind of stuff. She brought the kids over Monday night and we started on the desk around 5 PM. Minus an hour break for dinner (kids will demand to eat, you know), it took us about 7 hours to finish it! Doesn't it look great?! Now to put the office together...While the desk assembling was going on, the kids were watching movies in my room and all fell asleep. NeNe decided she wanted to snuggle, so she pushed Taryn off the body pillow and eventually ended up like this... She's so rude. I'm surprised Taryn could still breathe!
Last night I got my cushy new office chair put together. I only had one hiccup because I started by putting the arms on backwards... easy enough to fix! It's seriously one of the most comfortable chairs I've ever sat in. And it's ALL MINE!!!

Now I'm off to finish packing and cleaning so I can get the hell outta dodge! Hope you all have a safe and happy New Years celebration and I'll see y'all in 2011!!!

4 comments:

Big Mama Cass said...

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessica said...

Awesome!! I love your new chair. Have a great time in Denver!! Happy New Year!

Jaime said...

have a great time in denver. happy new year!

Kimberly Wright said...

I want to steal your new chair!!!

Happy New Year!