Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Few of MY Favorite Things... Makeup-Related, Of course

Remember how I told y'all I'm a makeup whore? Well I am... here's the post in case you forgot... As a result, I've tried quite a few of the lotions and potions out there... and any time I see that something new has come out, get outta my way cuz I'm driving to the store to get it!

Now, if you're a dude, don't be so quick to close the window (I totally just typed "winder" there... Oklahoma must be wearing off on me)... These are awesome gifts your woman would love to find in her stocking next week!

For years I used eye shadow primer from MAC, and even their concealer, but I eventually started feeling like it wasn't working. I'd seen a lot of talk in the beauty magazines and such about Urban Decay's Eye Shadow Primer Potion and decided to give it a try. Let me tell you, the stuff is amazing! It will keep your shadow on for 12+ hours, no questions asked. I've found the only time it doesn't seem to work so well is if I apply too much of it before doing my shadow. Otherwise, I love it. And very recently, Urban Decay started making the "professional size" for those of us that use it like it's goin' out of style... I really like the squeeze tube instead of using an applicator wand. Love, love, love it!Next item on my list of faves is MAC Pro Longwear Concealer. I recently purchased a tube of this on my last trip to Vegas. I've never really been a fan of concealer or foundation, but with my skin in its current state, I thought I'd give this a try. I feel like concealers usually just draw more attention to the problem areas instead of doing what they're supposed to do. This stuff is absolutely the best I've tried. I believe it's water-resistant, if not water-proof. It's "longwear" meaning it's supposed to last all day. To top it all off, the stuff actually conceals! Weird, huh? If you're looking for something new, give this stuff a try. I was very pleasantly surprised!Another new favorite I've found is Urban Decay's All Nighter spray. Once you spray it on (after your makeup is on and you look gorgeous) it's supposed to help keep your makeup on for 16+ hours (are we sensing a trend here?). It proclaims to be moisture resistant, but seeing how I sweat like a madwoman, I can't attest to that. I have noticed though, through the sweat, my makeup tends to look more even and stays on better than had I not used it. Hell, it could all be placebo effect, but if I think I look good, then that's all that really matters, right?! Last but certainly not least is a staple I've had in my lip bag (yes, I have a bag with lip stuff only) for years. It's Benefit's Lip Plump and it will help keep your lipstick on for hours on end. I'm not sure why it's called "plump" because it doesn't contain any plumpers; I think its name indicates it makes lips appear more plump, rather than actually plumping them. It works by filling in the lines/cracks that naturally occur in our lips to keep lipstick/color from running. The application process is a source of comedy in my circle of friends, and I might share with you sometime. Anyhoodle, I love this stuff!

Well, that's it for this evening... if you need any makeup tips, give me a holler. You know where to find me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must go buy makeup. Must go buy makeup.

lisa_sims said...

Love all the tips...thought I new makeup until I met you! And, love all these products. Thank you my makeup BFF!

Anonymous said...

I might try that eye shadow primer. When I do wear makeup, my eyeshadow wears off super fast. I think if I move there, or even just come to visit, you will have to give me makeup lessons and tips. I am hopeless. The only thing I know is that I like MAC.

Mr. Condescending said...

god I love being single, no presents needed to buy for some ho!