Monday, December 22, 2008

Stupid Giggly Girls, Obnoxious Little Boys and the Wisdom That Comes With Age

I don't know if I can explain adequately in words how utterly ecstatic I am that I'm over the age of 25. Hold please, while I back up and explain. I was finding that I'm a bit tired today and figured I better leave the house to do my work so I didn't end up falling asleep on the couch. Sadly, I left my iPod at home which is my saving grace when I'm at the coffe shop on my computer. As my punishment, I've been FORCED to listen to whiney teenagers bitch and complain, and try to flirt with each other for the last hour. I'm ready to effing kill one of them. Hence, the cartoon of Happy Bunny to the left.

First of all, there were two little boys here that were waiting for two little girls to meet them. The entire time the boys were here by themselves, they were quiet, listened to their iPods and didn't even talk to each other. Once the skanky little girls got here, all hell broke loose. As soon as they walked in the door the boys got all impatient and fidgety, and when the girls finally got to the table after getting their hot chocolate (why the hell come to a coffee shop?) the one kid put his hood on and laid his head on the table. Hello, you dumb little effer... the way to flirt with girls is NOT to ignore them. They sat and argued and spilled shit on each other and were REALLY loud. They finally left before I was forced to maim one of them... and then I was graced with the presence of two slightly older girls who sat down in the same spot five minutes later. The two of them bitched about, "How everything has changed since last year, and everything is so different now." Gag me, chick.

In any case, I guess what I'm really trying to say is... I'm glad I'm 29. I'm happy that I'm not a stupid, little, friggingly annoying teenager, or young adult for that matter, anymore. What's the saying? With age comes wisdom (I think). And I certainly do not profess to know everything (although I may pretend to), but I do know that I'm a hell of a lot wiser than I was ten, five, and even one year ago.

2 comments:

Auri said...

Just so you are aware... that was you once upon a time=)
And I am thankful you still let her out from time to time... don't worry, I won't tell=)

A Country Wife said...

lol ... I bet I was an annoying little *ucker when I was a teenager....early twenties...last week when I drank tequilas, sambuccas and a few beers....
But, what gets me grinding my teeth is the way teenagers (or anyone really) have to screech and share with the whole planet...the high pitched megaphone "look at me" voices...grrrrrr

gonna sellotape their mouths shut!
lol