Ok, so I guess most of you have seen the 30 days of truths thing going around, and since I've been in a bit of a blogging funk lately, I decided to join in. I may post 30, I may double them up and post 15... who knows... but here goes!
Day 1 - Something you hate about yourself.
Well, this is off to a bright and shiny start, isn't it? I, like most people, have quite a few qualities that I dislike about myself ranging from attitudinal (yes, I made that word up) issues to physical things. I think mostly, though, I hate that I allow other peoples' actions and emotions to affect me so profoundly.
If I'm with a friend who is in a bad mood, there's a pretty good chance I'll inherit the negativity and be pissy for the rest of the day. It's almost like it happens by osmosis. I need to develop an impermeable membrane that surrounds my entire body and avoid it altogether.
In addition to that, my emotions can be very easily influenced by the actions and/or words of others. If someone says something or does something to me that may not be exactly what I was anticipating, you're probably going to encounter the Bitch in me for days to come.
Why do I let these things affect me? I need to quit it! Any suggestions?
Hope y'all have a great weekend!
Friday, October 22, 2010
30 Days of Truths - Day 1
Posted by Ms. Salti at 1:29 PM
Labels: 30 Days of Truths, Bitching, It's All About ME
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























































5 comments:
YES. i am exactly the same way - the man calls me an emotional sponge. i have never been able to avoid it, either. i wish i knew what to do to stop this; it's obnoxious.
i think that's pretty normal. i do the same thing.
Me too. I think it's a woman-thing!
As I get older, I am able to let a LOT more go.
I do the same thing.
Hey! Guess what I got in the mail today? Holy hella that took a long time.
yeah, i do the whole sponge thing also. wish i had a suggestion on how to stop! if you find one, will you let me know?
also? i gave you an award on my blog today!!
Post a Comment