Thursday, August 5, 2010

It's Friday and I'm Bitching

I'm sick of traveling.... I get a whole week at home but then have to come back in two weeks. I negotiated it down to three days though, so it's all good. I'm getting close to Gold Medallion status with Delta, so a few more trips, I suppose, are welcome.I've been reading "Bitter Is The New Black" by Jen Lancaster... if you need some laugh-out-loud reading, pick it up. The woman is fucking hilarious! She's also got a blog over at http://www.jennsylvania.com/ but I haven't gotten around to reading any of it yet. After dinner last night I ran to the book store to grab her 2nd book because I know I'll want more as soon as I'm done with the first. It's called "Bright Lights, Big Ass"... kind of makes you want to read them just for the titles!

While I sit in my hotel room at night trying to keep myself entertained/occupied, I seem to find myself missing the dogs. Having a furry friend around somehow makes being alone not quite so lonely. You've always got someone to talk to, even if they don't talk back.

Who's been watching True Blood? What do you think of the season thus far? Kinda bloody, no? I was less than excited about the first 2 or 3 episodes, but everything since has been great. And helloooo, Alcide! He is one sexy Were! Eric is looking mighty sexy this season. I can't wait to see what happens with his storyline in the next season. Also, am I the only one that is super duper happy they didn't kill off Lafayette in season 1?

Prop 8 was overturned and I'm very happy about it! Everyone deserves equality (except child molesters, murderers and animal abusers) no questions asked! Think of all the things that money to support the campaign could have been spent on rather than trying to deny people their civil rights! I was going to post a video on here about a pitbull puppy who had been abused and left to die... his name is Walter and he was rescued by a couple of friends and is now thriving 4 months later. I'll spare you the tears, but if you want to watch it, here you go. People who abuse animals should be strung up by their eyelids and left to rot. (FYI - that's not an abused puppy, it's NeNe.)

Anyhoodle, I'm off to finish painting my nails... I currently have one coat on my left hand only. Hot, right?! Hope y'all have a fabulous weekend and I'll chat with you soon!

6 comments:

magnolia said...

awww. pits are so cute. this one's no different!

Jessica said...

I'm looking for new books, thanks for the recommendation.

I just cannot understand anyone abusing an animal...We're still caring for an abandoned kitten. What is wrong with people???

Noelle said...

Loves me some Jen Lancaster! We need to meet her and be her BFF's!

Unknown said...

I just finished Bitter is the New Black -- and loved it! Just ordered her second book as well. She is awesome.

Cute puppy, we should string up people who abuse animals by their balls. If they have balls I guess...

Andhari said...

People who abuse animals make me so angry, I wanna run them over with a bulldozer. :/

ps. yayy true blood! I love Eric alwaysssss..

Big Mama Cass said...

Ugh! Animal abusers make me physically ill. I can't watch the video. I will cry like a baby all day after it. I teared up just reading that paragraph.

PS... your captcha is totally still there dude.