Friday, September 5, 2008

Shoes, shoes, and more shoes!

More on the cleaning saga....
I am willing to admit I have a shopping problem... and as a consequence, I have a shoe problem. In the midst of cleaning, I took every pair of shoes out of my room and dumped them on the floor in the family room downstairs. I figured that this way, I could sort through them a little more easily. Originally, they were all in piles all over the place, but I got curious and lined them up because I wanted to count them for shits and giggles (I estimated earlier that there were at least 100 pairs).

This first picture is an attempt at capturing the entire shoe collection, but the boots got left out because they wouldn't fit in the picture. You'll see there is a butt load of shoes... four rows that stretch from the treadmill to the white chair, and not all of them were included. Besides the boots that didn't fit, some of them had been thrown in the garbage, or put in a pile to be given away. When all was said and done, the final count was 103 pairs of shoes! I know, I'm sick.

The four pictures below are an attempt to look at the individual pairs. I took pics in sections so you could get the full effect. The boots that were left out of the first picture are captured here.
The shoes in this one are kind of a random sample.... gym shoes to pointy-toe heels...
This picture shows most of my heels, dressier shoes, and a few pairs of flip flops.
This picture is, for the most part, my flip flop collection. I will have everyone know that I did end up getting rid of about 1/4 of my collection. I actually threw away quite a few pairs because they were old and gross. I gave two really cute pairs to Auri. The rest I'm either selling at one of those clothing exchange places or giving to charity.
Oh, and one last thing to note, don't ask me if you can borrow them because I'll say no! Plus, if you know my feet, you know better than to ask!

1 comments:

Tracie said...

The thing I love most about shoes is they always fit. Trying on shoes is never as depressing as trying on clothes!! Enjoy your 103 pairs as someday you may not have the means to have that many and you can look back to your "shoe days." When your done with them remember that there are people all over that need them!!