Well, I've been gone from ye olde blogge for about a week or two now and it feels kind of strange! It's not that I've been purposely neglecting things over here, I've just been so damn busy!
Let’s back the truck up and get back up to speed on things, shall we? Not last week, but the week before, I left my house on Monday morning for two fun-filled weeks of work with a 5-day vacation in between. I left SLC on Monday, worked in OKC until Thursday afternoon, flew to Denver that night, and went camping from Friday to Tuesday. I spent Tuesday evening in Denver with my baby and then flew back to OKC at the ass-crack-of-dawn Wednesday morning. I worked here for 3 days and finally was able to go home Friday night! Whew! I’m exhausted just talking about it!
Work was work, and will be work, so there’s nothing really to report there…as in, nothing exciting happened while I was in OKC over those two weeks. However, I did find out that this week, as in the week we’re sitting in currently, is my LAST WEEK ON THE OKLAHOMA PROJECT!!! That means I no longer have to be on the road every single week for the rest of my life! Woo hoo!
I applied for a new position within my company a while back and things have finally come together. I’ll be working on the new team and on a project for a different state. The best part of it is, I actually get to work from home more than I have to work on the road! What a concept!
My camping trip was a total success, other than our air mattress deflated every night because it got so cold. Besides that small issue, we had a blast. I think 4 nights in a tent is a little much for me, but I still enjoyed camping a lot. (Never thought you’d hear that from me, huh?) Now that Cass and Chuck are getting a camper, I hopefully won’t have to do that much sleeping on the ground in the future! I have a post with pics from the trip coming soon!
I found out I’m going to have some visitors coming to stay with me at the end of the month and I’m soooo excited! My baby, Cassi, Chuck and Jimmy are coming to visit me in a couple of weeks! Woo hoo! I’m so excited for E to see my house and meet everyone. He’ll probably freak out a bit, but oh well. The time has come! I want to cook some really yummy dinners and need to start planning now. Suggestions for menus are welcome! As for other plans that weekend, I think I’m going to try and have a BBQ so everyone can come over and mingle. I better get my butt in gear and get the house cleaned and menus planned!
Alrighty, that’s about it for now. Hope y’all had a great 4th of July and last couple of weeks and I’ll talk to you soon!
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
A Lot Can Change in Two Weeks!
Posted by Ms. Salti at 7:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























































2 comments:
My 4th of July was kinda boring, but then, it's not a holiday here. Yay on the new job!
EASIEST recipe that I've decided is my new fall back recipe.
Frozen bread dough (thawed)
1/4 cup melted butter
garlic salt
Italian seasoning
3 cups shredded cheese (I use whatever I have in the fridge)
Onions, peppers, pepperonni, sausauge (basically any pizza topping but no sauce)
Roll bread dough into rectangle
Spread butter over dough
Spring dough with garlic salt and Italian seasoning
Cover with toppings
Sprinkle with cheese
Roll into log and pinch the ends together
Spread more butter on top and sprinkle with garlic salt and Italian seasoning
Bake for 18 mins at 400 degrees
I use turkey pepperonni, peppers, onions, etc. but you can really use any toppings you want. I serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
So quick. So easy! You can still visit with your guests while you prepare. Maybe Cassi's son might enjoy helping you too!
Post a Comment