The Thanksgiving Holiday Weekend was pretty busy around here! I spent a few hours on Thanksgiving Day making food to take over to my mom and dad's house for dinner. I took on a few recipes I'd never tried and am happy to report they all turned out! My mom's table was absolutely gorgeous, but sadly, I didn't bother taking any pics. I figured they wouldn't do it justice anyway.
After dinner I met up with Jenn and we braved the midnight crowds. Or rather, the 10PM crowds, as that’s when we started at WalMart! Let me tell you, it was nuts! We got a few good deals, but I was kind of bummed I didn't get a TV. I should have known I had to be in line at 6PM! Oh well, I've heard the sales in the next few weeks and over President's Day are usually better anyway. I did manage to get a $297 microwave for $135, so I'll take that! Ours went caput about a month ago and it's been a mess! I'm glad to have the new one up and working!
Monday, November 28, 2011
Thanksgiving Weekend Recap
Naturally I slept in on Friday. It was my day off and I was tired. So there. I met my mom and Jan for lunch at Paradise Bakery and then went next door to World Market for a little exploration. After that it was time to head downtown to pick up my microwave!!! Jenn and I hit Hobby Lobby on Friday afternoon and had dinner at Café Rio. I was exhausted after dinner so I came home, helped my brother install the microwave, then plopped down on the couch with my yarn and Fast Five!
Since Saturday is mother/daughter day, my mom and I did some more shopping. JCPenney had some awesome deals on hair products at their salons, I returned my boots to DSW, we stopped by Nordstrom to pick up some makeup, had lunch at Brio at Fashion Place, and bought a gift for someone at the Brighton store. I'm sure there were a few more stops in there, but I won't bore you with them. I haven’t done this much shopping in a looong time!
On Saturday night Wiki, Aurs, Tyler and Mikey came over and we hung around and crafted. It was kind of an impromptu get-together and we had so much fun. I finally got the fabric stapled to my canvases… Now I just have to get the hooks finished and screwed into the frames. I can’t wait to get them done!
Sunday brought about brunch at the Original Pancake House with RosaMarie, a little hangout time with Aurs and the kiddos while we picked up a mattress from Jenn, a visit with Nana, and some much needed house cleaning. Oh, and had an encore viewing of Breaking Dawn with Auri. I had a post all ready for it last week and didn’t get around to editing it! I’ll put it up later this week!
I hope your Thanksgiving weekends were as much fun as mine was!
Posted by Ms. Salti at 7:00 PM
Labels: Auri, Crafts, Crotcheting, Holidays, The Casa, Weekend Wonderment
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
























































2 comments:
Why don't you bring your ass here and see Breaking Dawn with MEEEE?!?! Huh Huh!?!?
Mmmm pancakes. I still have a craving for those yummy peach pancakes I had at that cafe we went to. Damn those were good. LOVE the microwave.
Post a Comment