Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Randoms - Just Read It

It's Random Tuesdayness, I think...
Last week was a ginormous clusterfuck.  I'm not exactly sure how to define a clusterfuck, but I think the name explains it all.  I think I had my 40 hours for the week completed by Wednesday at midnight, which means 2 things:  1) I worked a LOT Monday through Wednesday, and 2) My team pulled some long-ass freaking hours Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights after work! 

After my hellish week at work last week, I flew home to SLC for approximately 8 hours.  I had enough time to go home, switch out the clothes in my suitcase, shower, and sleep for 4-5 hours before I left for the airport at 5:15 AM Friday morning to get on another plane to meet Cassi in Atlanta.  From Atlanta, we drove 3 hours to Augusta and spent Friday and Saturday nights there trying to find Cassi a house to move into.  I'll go into the trip in another post because I'm tired and don't have the mental willpower to recall details!
This is probably my favorite ad I've ever seen.  Last time I saw it, the model on the front looked a little different, but the words are all exactly the same.  And it's awesome! 

So, as of 4 PM yesterday I had been in five major cities in a 24 hour period:  Augusta, GA; Atlanta, GA; Salt Lake City, UT; St. Louis, MO, and ended up in Jefferson City, MO yesterday afternoon.  I think it's understandable that I'm kind of exhausted!
This kind of describes my week last week.  Without coffee, my whole team was as good as dead.  We had a lot to do, we powered through it all, and have come out successful on the other side.  We've got a ton of work ahead of us, but things are definitely heading in the right direction.  It's such a relief to be working on this team!

Hope y'all had a great weekend and a good week ahead!
Mwah!
 
 
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's alot of travelling!! Glad you survived. I saw that coffee ad on Pintrest and thought of you. I know you like coffee. I also LOVE that Nike ad. Except her butt doesn't look that big. Maybe I should be in that ad. Just saying.

Big Mama Cass said...

You rock! It is making me crazy that we worked so hard this weekend and now I may not even have a house. AAARRRGGGHH!

Anonymous said...

we have a copy of that coffee drawing hanging on the wall in our kitchen. i think it pretty much sums up everything.

Ms. Salti said...

SB - I can guarantee your butt isn't ANY bigger than hers!

Cass - This whole thing has me having anxiety fits and I'm not the one moving!

Magnolia - That's a good idea... maybe I should do the same!