Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Holy Shit, What a Week!

My brain is a constant jumble of things that are coming up, things I've gotta do, things I've forgotten, and things that are going to be on my to-do list very shortly.

For instance, on Sunday night, I didn't get home until 12:30 AM. I think I left my house around 1 PM. I didn't stop all day. Running errands, going to Grandma's house, and I can't even remember what else at this point.

Yesterday, I stayed home most of the day, and started running errands later in the afternoon. There is a new Home Goods store that opened literally five minutes from my house and that's where I started... bad idea. I went in for hangers, came out having spent $120! But it was stuff I needed for the house! Lots of good deals. I took lunch over to my grandma and ended up staying at her house helping her out for 4 hours! I grabbed dinner with Noelle at 8:30, came home and crashed!

I remembered last night that I still haven't gone over to the hospital to pick up my grandpa's teeth. Yes, you read that right. His teeth were left behind in one of the five rooms he was in while at the hospital, and I was elected the lucky one to go pick them up. No problem, except that I forgot about picking them up. Nice.

I have to make a trip over to the mortuary to get the copies of my grandpa's obituary that they printed and laminated for us. Not to mention, someone will have to pick up his ashes. I'm sure my grandma will want to do that.

We've also got to get all the pictures together for the video that my wonderful friend, Odum, has agreed to put together for my family. We've been working on those for 3 days! Getting down to the deadline here! Oh, and don't forget all the info/text that needs to go into the program for the evening of the wake (Celebration of Life). We haven't even started on that stuff.

Last, but not least, I've gotta make lunch for my grandma's Bridge ladies that are going over to her house on Thursday afternoon. This is in addition to the two meals I was planning on making for dinner this week. Guess I'll just make it all at the same time. I'm going to be cooking most of tomorrow night, so if you can't find me, I'll be in the kitchen. Sadly, I've let the cat out of the bag that I actually CAN cook and it's all over for me now.

That's it for now... pray for me and wish me luck... getting to Sunday in one piece is my goal!

4 comments:

mommaruthsays said...

Weeks like that are always hard! Makes you appreciate the easy ones 10x more, doesn't it?!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the stressful week! Love the new signature!

David and Carmen said...

Will be thinking of you while you get all your to do items checked off!

Wish I lived closer so I could come visit with you while you cook!

Anonymous said...

I would be screwed if there was a Home Good store near me.