Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Summer Reading, and Then Some

I'm not sure if any of you are really aware, but I love to read. I love getting lost in a book and feeling every emotion as if I were the main character. (Maybe because my life is so boring - at least in the love department). As requested, here are some of the books I've read so far this summer, along with other books I've read by the same authors:

-Author: Plum Sykes
Bergdorf Blondes - Didn't love it, but didn't hate it, either


-Author: Meg Cabot
http://www.megcabot.com/

Queen of Babble
Queen of Babble in the Big City
(finished this one last week)
Queen of Babble Gets Hitched (finished this one last night)


-Author: Stacey Ballis - LOVE HER!
http://www.staceyballis.com/index.php

The Spinster Sisters
Room for Improvement

I've also read her other books:
Inappropriate Men - One of my faves
Sleeping Over


-Author: Jennifer Weiner
http://www.jenniferweiner.com/

Certain Girls (which is the follow up to Good In Bed)
I've also read her other ones:
Good In Bed
Little Earthquakes
In her Shoes
Goodnight Nobody
The Guy Not Taken - which is a collection of short stories that I'm not quite done with


I've read these within the last six months to a year:

-Author: Emily Giffin
http://www.emilygiffin.com/

Something Borrowed
Something Blue
Baby Proof
She just released, Love the One You're With, which I'll be reading here very shortly.


-Author: Lauren Weisberger
http://www.laurenweisberger.com/

Everyone Worth Knowing
The Devil Wears Prada
She just released, Chasing Harry Winston, which I'm starting tonight


-Author: Clare Naylor

Dog Handling - Possibly my favorite book of all time
Catching Alice
The Second Assistant
The First Assistant
Love: A User's Guide - I'm not sure if I finished this one - not one of my faves

I may have missed a few, and if I did, I'll update the post! And yes, it's all "Chick Lit," so if you're not into it, don't bother picking up the books... but honestly, they've all been VERY GOOD! And, like I said, I like to escape, and these are wonderful stories to escape in!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Got any dick lit recommendations?

:-)