A couple of weeks ago I was thinking it would be fun to go over to Auri's one night, make some dinner, play with the kids and have a little drinky poo. We planned our evening out, made our shopping list and I went to the grocery and liqor stores. I had told the boys that if they were good and listened to Mommy, I'd bring them treats. When I got to the house, Auri started cooking, and I started playing with the kids. I gave them their treats, which were jelly bellies in these cute little plastic jelly bean-shaped containers, and they loved them. I didn't get one for the baby because I figured jelly beans weren't the best things for her to eat. Anyway, we're playing, and hanging out and I called Aidan a Chiquita Banana. He looked up at me and said, "I'm not a Cheeky Bamana!" Obviously, I started cracking up. And needless to say, I've now been calling everyone Cheeky Bamanas!
By this time, we're finished preparing dinner and we sit down to eat. The boys weren't feelin' the very yummy tortellini in white sauce that Aurs made for dinner, and I asked them if I should take their treats away because they weren't listening to Mommy. Aidan turned to me and said something like, "Fine, take them away from us!" This time I tried not to laugh as I didn't want to instigate any more naughty behavior. After we were done with dinner and had some play time, it was time for the boys to go to bed. Auri and I took them downstairs, got jammies on, and Auri got situated on Tristan's bed to read a little bit from Harry Potter. I kneeled at Aidan's bedside to keep him company. We chit chatted while Auri read to the boys, and out of nowhere, Aidan looks at me and says, "Tata, I love your boobies!" How do you not laugh when a three year-old says stuff like that to you? I guess Aurs didn't hear him say it because I had to tell her about it later. I love going over there to play with them for the sheer anticipation of what he's going to say next! The rest of the evening consisted of Auri and I watching TV and hanging out. We tried to drink, but I think we're getting old because neither one of us was feeling really hot after the first glass and a half of wine. C'est la vie!
Keep in mind that in addition to Aidan's witty responses, I am constantly entertained by Tristan and his outfits. I rarely see that kid in regular clothes. Most of the time he's dressed up in his Batman outfit, but occasionally I see him dressed as a dragon or a Ninja Turtle. Apparently, a few weeks ago he dressed Aidan up in Taryn's ladybug costume, and then proceeded to put it on himself. I think my absolute favorite is when he puts on his snow suit that he wore when he was about a year old! It's not a pretty sight, and that's all I'm gonna say!
I babysat the kids this past Friday night and I was really hoping to be entertained. Other than Tristan wearing his Batman outfit, nothing else really exciting was done or said. I was really bummed about it too. Half the fun of spending time with them is the fact that I like coming home from their house with stories to tell! Oh well, I'll have lots of time for them to entertain me!
By this time, we're finished preparing dinner and we sit down to eat. The boys weren't feelin' the very yummy tortellini in white sauce that Aurs made for dinner, and I asked them if I should take their treats away because they weren't listening to Mommy. Aidan turned to me and said something like, "Fine, take them away from us!" This time I tried not to laugh as I didn't want to instigate any more naughty behavior. After we were done with dinner and had some play time, it was time for the boys to go to bed. Auri and I took them downstairs, got jammies on, and Auri got situated on Tristan's bed to read a little bit from Harry Potter. I kneeled at Aidan's bedside to keep him company. We chit chatted while Auri read to the boys, and out of nowhere, Aidan looks at me and says, "Tata, I love your boobies!" How do you not laugh when a three year-old says stuff like that to you? I guess Aurs didn't hear him say it because I had to tell her about it later. I love going over there to play with them for the sheer anticipation of what he's going to say next! The rest of the evening consisted of Auri and I watching TV and hanging out. We tried to drink, but I think we're getting old because neither one of us was feeling really hot after the first glass and a half of wine. C'est la vie!
Keep in mind that in addition to Aidan's witty responses, I am constantly entertained by Tristan and his outfits. I rarely see that kid in regular clothes. Most of the time he's dressed up in his Batman outfit, but occasionally I see him dressed as a dragon or a Ninja Turtle. Apparently, a few weeks ago he dressed Aidan up in Taryn's ladybug costume, and then proceeded to put it on himself. I think my absolute favorite is when he puts on his snow suit that he wore when he was about a year old! It's not a pretty sight, and that's all I'm gonna say!
I babysat the kids this past Friday night and I was really hoping to be entertained. Other than Tristan wearing his Batman outfit, nothing else really exciting was done or said. I was really bummed about it too. Half the fun of spending time with them is the fact that I like coming home from their house with stories to tell! Oh well, I'll have lots of time for them to entertain me!























































1 comments:
Of course Aidan loves your boobies darling. Doesn't everyone? I swear, that kid's going to be double trouble. Auri keeps saying she shouldn't have named him after me but I think he came with his own set of kinks, oui`?
Taryn's face looks like she's been in a war zone or something. Oh wait, she has two older brothers. Never mind.
Glad you're blogging - it's fun. Sometimes it's a little hard keeping up with it but I think it's worth investing the time in. I've got you bookmarked!
ciao,
Queenie aka Papa Tom
Post a Comment